HARTZ SEARCH INTERIM CANDIDATE
OPEN TO ROLES
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
BED SIZE: 25-450
EDUCATION, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
MBA – Rockhurst University
BS- University of Northern Iowa
CPA- State of Iowa (Non-practicing)
CFO [Interim & Perm]
Physician Clinics Controller
INTERIM FINANCE | OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Healthcare financial and operational executive with management experience in public, private, and non-profit healthcare systems of various sizes. Develops and implements Revenue Cycle Management and strong cash flow business principles, prepares operating and capital budgets and long-range financial plans, influences and negotiates decision-making for payer contracting, and focuses on the long-term survival of the hospital.
- Governance /Leader Development
- Hospital Operations Assessment
- Turnaround Plan Development
- Relationship Management
- Medical Practice Operations
- Quality Management
- Discovered $1.9 million in unbilled patient accounts by immediately billing generating $437,000 cash flow.
- Identified physician partnership opportunity, negotiated contractual agreement generating $750,000 Net Revenue.
- Reversed $2.1 million operating loss and implemented strategy resulting in sale of community hospital.
- Arranged $27 million financing for community hospital building project.
- Reversed loss of $8.0 million to positive Net Income of $578,000.
- Generated $3.2 million net profit by implementing expansion of Cardiology program.
- Sued a state governor to recover $1.7 million in withheld Medicaid funds.
- Discovered a hospital license had lapsed and worked with state attorney general to reinstate the license saving $12 million in potential government and commercial insurance payments that otherwise would be refunded.
- Facilitated that sale of struggling community hospital.
- Arranging short-term financing for financially distressed community hospital.