CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our newest client, Mayfield Clinic in Cincinnati, Ohio for the Chief Executive Officer. The Mayfield Clinic of Cincinnati, Ohio, has treated hundreds of thousands of patients since its establishment in 1937 by Frank H. Mayfield, MD. Internationally recognized as a leader in neurological surgery, Mayfield has forged a rich and lasting heritage through technical innovation, research, and a commitment to patient care. Mayfield physicians are continuously recognized among the Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors in Greater Cincinnati. Mayfield Clinic’s 19 neurosurgeons and 30 affiliated physicians, nurses and clinical staff, treat approximately 20,000 patients each year from more than 35 states and 13 countries, and perform over 6,000 surgical cases and 10,000 interventional procedures annually. Mayfield Clinic has 5 practice locations throughout the metropolitan service area. Affiliated clinical business ventures include the Mayfield Brain & Spine, Mayfield Spine Surgery Center, Mayfield Physical Therapy, Mayfield Education & Research Foundation, and the Mayfield Surgical Innovation Center. The Mayfield Clinic provides clinical and surgical services for nearly all the hospitals in the Cincinnati metro market.
The Chief Executive Officer is the senior management person responsible for the effective and efficient operational and administrative management of Mayfield Brain and Spine. He/she will work closely with the physician shareholders to develop and implement long and short-term strategies designed to ensure continued successful growth. The Chief Executive Officer will be able to interact with a very involved and committed group of surgeon shareholders in shaping the future direction and growth of Mayfield Brain and Spine. Already the market leader in providing a full range of neurosurgical clinical and academic services, Mayfield Brain and Spine has the resources and reputation to expand its reach and vision even further. The shareholders have a strong desire and commitment to remain independent and build on their successful legacy and tradition. Given the changing nature of healthcare reimbursement and attendant competitive challenges, the Chief Executive Officer will have a unique opportunity to help chart and implement creative responses to expand the scope, size and influence of Mayfield Brain and Spine.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- A Master’s degree, such as an MHA or MBA is required; Fellowship or membership in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and/or Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible senior leadership in a large, successful surgical group practice and/or management and growth of a large, related hospital clinical service line and/or senior level hospital leadership experience managing, or interacting and negotiating with, large physician group practices, is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the healthcare industry, to include operations, reimbursement, competitive forces and implications of proposed changes
- Track record of productive and mutually beneficial working relationships with surgeons, nurses and other ancillary clinical service providers
- Successful track record of progressive leadership, mentoring and team building
- Outstanding communication skills; experienced, articulate public speaker
- Experience with developing and implementing successful business plans
- The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible to the fourteen Mayfield Brain and Spine physician shareholders and will report directly to the current physician Chairman of the Board, Dr. Andrew Ringer.
- 10 Direct Reports, 225 FTE’s and $45M in revenue
- Competitive Compensation, relocation and benefits package offered
Location - Cincinnati, Ohio:
The Cincinnati metropolitan area is a three state, fifteen county region that offers world class assets in arts, healthcare, culture, education, sports, amusements, hospitality, and recreation. Cincinnati features all the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere – a unique balancing act of extraordinary contrasts - but one that makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities and options.
Diverse, dynamic and engaged, more than 370 of the Fortune 500 companies have a presence in the region, with 10, such as Procter and Gamble, American Financial, Macy’s, Kroger, Duke Energy, Chiquita Brands and Western Southern Insurance, headquartered locally.
Cincinnati is proud of its vibrant sports traditions. With two professional sports teams, the Reds and the Bengals, and a myriad of teams or tournaments, including hockey, soccer, tennis, volleyball, car racing and horse racing, there is something for every taste. The region also boasts three Division I collegiate athletic programs.
Downtown Cincinnati is the cultural center of the region, with world renowned museums, Broadway shows, ballet, opera, and symphony all in close proximity. In addition, there are more than 100 museums and galleries dotted throughout the region – most locally owned neighborhood gems – and community off-Broadway and alternative theater. Outside of downtown, the options get even better. Children and families can enjoy an extensive parks system, the Newport Aquarium, The Beach Waterpark, the Kings Island and Coney Island Amusement Parks and four gaming casinos
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.