CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Roper St. Francis Healthcare | Charleston, South Carolina
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Roper St. Francis Health (RSFH), a Joint Venture between Bon Secours Mercy Health and The Medical Society of South Carolina, for the Chief Executive Officer role.
RSFH is a 4-hospital integrated health system with over 671-licensed beds and $1B in revenue and 5K employees. The new CEO holds responsibility for all aspects of strategic, operational and financial performance of the system, including the innovation of practices; safety, quality and compliance of patient care; community outreach and population health; financial accountability; medical staff relations; leading and developing high functioning teams; and achieving mission and performance standards.
The CEO will implement a new operating model by integrating influential leadership and physician alignment through a dyad reporting structure. Our client is seeking a dynamic and operationally proficient leader with a successful track record of establishing physician alignment and successful partnerships with key stakeholders and the community.
Required Candidate Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Education: Undergraduate degree in clinical field, business or healthcare; Graduate degree in business or healthcare leadership and/or management is required.
- Cultural Alignment: Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision and values in leadership behaviors, practices and decisions.
- Executive Leadership: Seeks out, embraces and capitalizes on the advantages of regional and system resources, diversity, scale, replication opportunities, people and intellectual capital. Participates and actively engages on the Health Ministry CEO Council to advance system integration and performance.
- Strategic Plan: Leads the formation of the regional vision and strategic plans and ensures the analysis of community needs and the development of supportive programs and services.
- Clinical Delivery: Facilitates the development and implementation of integrated clinical service delivery platforms; Champions physician alignment strategies that lead to growth within the region
- Mission and Diversity: Develops and sustains an organizational culture that celebrates a diverse community of committed persons serving the healing ministry
- Talent Development: Mentors and develops regional leadership, fostering achievement of goals and objectives, high performing leadership practices, collaboration, innovation and interdependence. Employs participative management and leadership approaches that optimize organization resources and talent effectiveness and organizational learning.
- Community: Actively participates in associations and groups within the region. Establishes and maintains relationships with key community and state leaders to facilitate the accomplishment of regional and system goals and objectives.
- Engagement: Develops and sustains an environment that supports optimum engagement of colleagues and physicians. Champions behaviors that include respect for individuals, open, honest and direct communication, collaboration and integrity to attain engagement.
- Regulatory and Compliance: Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the RSFH Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct; as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated success in implementing and leading a dyad operating model
- Experience in leading effectively in a complex matrixed environment
- Physician alignment
- Business and political acumen - Candidates must have a sophisticated understanding of and ability to navigate within the context of:
- a large regional integrated delivery system;
- a complex political and community collaboration and
- understand joint venture collaboration.
- Candidates must demonstrate experience in achieving market growth, and have significant successful experience in campus development, new business start- up and construction
- Builds high-performance teams
- Effective leader of change
- Effective communicator
- Community presence - Candidates must have demonstrated experience in external, public, and philanthropic activities, including the ability to represent and become the public face of RSFH
- Custodian of Culture - Candidate must be impassioned by mission and called to serve the community
Charleston, the South Carolina port city founded in 1670, is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages and pastel antebellum houses, particularly in the elegant French Quarter and Battery districts. The Battery promenade and Waterfront Park both overlook Charleston Harbor, while Fort Sumter, a federal stronghold where the first shots of the Civil War rang out, lies across the water. With rich history, outstanding access to healthcare, a culinary hotspot, shopping, multiple beaches, an international airport and excellent school system, make Charleston one of the most desirable locations to live in the US.
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Apply to HARTZ Search:
Carol Maxwell – Managing Director & Mike Hartz – President & CEO of HARTZ Search will be leading the exclusively, retained search for Roper St. Francis Healthcare.
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.