VICE PRESIDENT & SYSTEM CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Roper St. Francis Healthcare
Charleston, South Carolina
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Roper St. Francis Health (RSFH), a Joint Venture between Bon Secours Mercy Health and The Medical Society of South Carolina for the VP, System Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is an innovative, strategic, and collaborative leader that ensures RSFH maintains a strong balance sheet, financial performance, and internal controls to enable the system to be the market leader in providing high-quality care for the patients we serve.
RSFH is a 4-hospital integrated health system with over 700-licensed beds and $1B in net revenue, and 5K employees. The Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer, and provides the strategic and tactical leadership and direction on the Financial Affairs of Roper St. Francis Healthcare (RSFH). This individual is the key steward of the financial and physical assets. CFO serves as a strategic partner with the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Physician Officer dyad, Senior Leaders, the Executive Council, and Integrated Practice Networks in setting the vision and direction.
The CFO has the overall responsibility of ensuring the financial integrity of the organization. This individual develops and executes financial strategies, initiatives, systems, and processes that optimize current and future performance and provide consumer-friendly services. This position also provides leadership, guidance, and direction to capital planning, financial planning, financial reporting, decision support, patient intake, revenue cycle, accounting, payroll, reimbursement, managed care, health information, and supply chain across the enterprise.
The CFO facilitates/supports the RSFH Board's Finance & Investment Committees and provides support to the RSFH Board and other subsidiary Boards as necessary. The CFO also serves as an innovative partner that assists in business development, strategic partnerships, acquisitions, ventures, etc. This individual will also represent the organization with business, governmental and community leaders.
- Education: Master's Degree or Bachelor's degree with current Certified Public Accountant certification.
- Licensure/Certification: CPA license preferred. HFMA affiliation and certification preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of healthcare delivery system administration with demonstrated career progression and at least five (5) years of senior-level finance experience required.
- Non-profit, multi-hospital, integrated healthcare system experience required.
Other Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- A record of demonstrating strong, strategic leadership and teamwork.
- Experience in working effectively with Boards and Committees of the Board to gain approval for financial plans.
- Experience negotiating strategic partnerships, JVs, and innovative care models.
- Payer risk-based contracting experience; ACO/CIN experience.
- Strong finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with operations executives and line managers in a collaborative and supportive manner. Significant experience working with productivity measurement and helping operations managers to monitor and make needed adjustments.
- Experience with preparing for the issuance of tax-exempt bonds and the subsequent compliance reporting requirements.
- Cost accounting orientation; has had experiences providing board members and others with good financial analysis, strong trend analysis, in-depth analysis of operations, standard ROI analysis on JV's, partnering arrangements, and new programs.
- Has had experience helping physicians understand finances, the impact of business decisions and competition upon their practices, and the future of the health system. Experience with employed and affiliated physician networks.
- Successful managed care contract experience.
- Successful supply chain contract negotiating skills.
- Revenue cycle management, particularly pertaining to third-party contracting, billing, and reimbursement activities.
- Record of implementing automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state reporting requirements.
Location - Charleston, South Carolina:
Charleston, the South Carolina port city, founded in 1670, is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, and pastel antebellum houses, particularly in the elegant French Quarter Battery districts. The Battery promenade and Waterfront Park both overlook Charleston Harbor, while Fort Sumter, a federal stronghold where the first shots of the Civil War rang out, lies across the water. With a rich history, outstanding access to healthcare, a culinary hotspot, shopping, multiple beaches, an international airport and excellent school system, make Charleston one of the most desirable locations to live in the US.
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Apply Directly with HARTZ Search:
Mike Hartz – President/ CEO & Carol Maxwell - Partner of HARTZ Search will be leading the exclusively, retained search for Roper St. Francis Healthcare. Support will be provided by Macy McClain: email@example.com
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge-level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.