CHIEF INNOVATION & TRANSFORMATION OFFICER
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
The VP, Chief Innovation & Transformation Officer role is to develop, communicate, execute, and sustain innovative and transformational initiatives across the JPS Health Network. Develop ideas, and initiatives to scale the business of JPS Health Network - turn inspirations into ideas. Focus on accelerating performance through cohesive planning and execution, knowledge management and the implementation of a dashboard for impact and organizational effectiveness. Drive organizational change by forging new working relationships and synergies across the Network and the community, establishing greater transparency and accountability. The Chief Innovation & Transformation Officer will be responsible for defining next generation ideas and plans that concurrently disputes and integrates with current priorities and initiatives. The Chief Innovation & Transformation Officer will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the system and community to deliver direct to consumer business opportunities and identity new streams of revenue in business to business arrangements. This leader will work cross-functionally with operations and other parts of the organization in highly matrixed environment. This leader will build close relationships with the executive team and their senior staff members to drive innovation and alignment across operational efforts throughout system. The Chief Innovation & Transformation Officer will stay up-to-date and have an always on approach to surfacing and operationalizing technological or operational innovations, particularly those directly related to consumer, advances in medicine and value-based care delivery. Our client is seeking an individual who is creative and open to solutions that improve the network’s ability to deliver quality care to anyone in the communities they serve through access, affordability and innovation.
RECENT AWARDS FOR JPS HEALTH NETWORK:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Oversees the development and implementation of JPS Health Network innovation and transformation strategies to ensure JPS has a competitive edge in the market
- Collaborate with Executive team members to determine and prioritize business planning
- Develop creative growth initiatives through investments, real estate, private & public partnerships to drive a strong Return on Investment to JPS Health Network to provide additional services to the community of Tarrant County
- Facilitate and/ or monitor strategic and cross-collaborative initiatives
- Works closely with other Senior and Operations Leadership team members in contributing to the development of strategy and the implementation of new programs and initiatives in the acute care hospital, outpatient, and physician businesses
- Keeps projects on task, ensuring that team members are accountable and follow up with all involved parties
- Participates in regular reviews of business unit operational performance, adding recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Participates and supports special projects across all areas of operations, including investor relations, acquisitions and development, business development, human resources, quality improvement and government affairs
- Assists CEO and COO with preparation for important meetings, including those with key business units, new customers and potential investors
- Bring the Executive Team together to achieve a common goal
- Act as an Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer, leveraging the CITO’s healthcare leadership experience
- Provide system leadership for global care delivery strategy, care innovation and system operations
- Assist the CEO in validating new initiatives, strategies and trends in the healthcare industry
- Liaise between the CEO/ C-Suite and the rest of the core leadership team to help shape Network, system or organization direction and stay informed of market trends
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment, high quality patient care and excellent patient service
- Provide oversight for development of value-based care
- Leads efforts in collaboration with Executive Team in representing, developing, and maintaining community and industry relationships
- Provide system leadership of JPS Health Network business operations program management and development of data-driven plans that facilitate short and long-view priorities
- Ensure Executive team is focused on strategic priorities instead of getting side-tracked by the details of daily operations
- Local execution responsibility with national scale mindset
- Formulates effective new ideas and innovative plans for marketing, branding, or business opportunities.
- Recognizes promising ideas and finds way to introduce them into the company’s future plans and discards ideas that are ineffective, costly or beyond the scope of the company’s mission or abilities to develop.
- Thinks to transform general ideas into workable solutions.
- Analyzes existing practices to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Encourages creative thinking in team members and finds ways to nurture innovative thinking across all areas of the Network.
- Uses data to analyze market dynamics, trends and competition and implements ideas to meet market demand. Assesses industry and community market, trends as appropriate, leading to the generation of innovative ideas to improve current business plans and achieve desired results.
- Establishes and influences others to achieve goals, targets, and metrics consistent with goals and operational objectives.
- Identifies, evaluates, and gains consensus for development of new or expansion of current inpatient and/or outpatient services and programs based on lack of current supply, quality, growth and/or service in the market.
- Works in collaboration with hospital/department leaders to develop enhance service lines ensuring physician engagement to achieve desired results in quality, service, operations and financial metrics.
- Gathers competitive intelligence from the community on service line opportunities.
- Leads discussions with physicians, community-based facilities, local payers and employers to gain information related to collaboration and support for strategic initiatives and service line development/enhancement to meet the needs of the community served.
- Work in collaboration with other facilities and leaders to develop network opportunities.
- Analyzes data to make fact-based decisions and monitors variances to understand facility trends.
- Studies internal and external data trends to realize opportunities to better serve the community.
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Masters’s Degree Required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Strategic Planning, Innovative Growth programs and demonstrated execution of high innovative ideas to positively effect the organization market share and stability
- Experience developing complex business plans and using data to drive strategy.
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
Application Link: HARTZ Search Online Application
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.