CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER
TARRANT COUNTY MEDICAL EXAMINER DISTRICT & FORENSIC LABORATORIES
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search has been retained to conduct a national search for the Chief Medical Examiner of the Tarrant County Medical Examiner District and Forensic Laboratories. The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office serves a district including Tarrant, Denton, Parker, and Johnson counties with a total population over 2.8M. The Chief Medical Examiner assists the public and law enforcement in determining the cause and manner of death whenever death occurs without medical attention, from unnatural causes, or in the wake of violence. This position is accountable for the operation and coordination of the Tarrant County Medical Examiner District and Forensic Laboratories (TCMED & FL) and provides strategic and tactical direction to all employees of the TCMED & FL in the effective development and attainment of the Medical Examiner' s goals by: delegating and reviewing the management of work assignments, delivery of comprehensive services and resources provided by the department and the appropriate budgets required; ensuring the training, evaluation and personal development of all employees; handling complex problems or public policy concerns; managing the development, implementation, and oversight of applicable programs; monitoring departmental resources; and, ensuring compliance with policies and laws. Tarrant County is seeking to bring the Medical Examiner’s services in-house, the current model has been an outsourced model led by the retiring Chief Medical Examiner. The Chief Medical Examiner will be responsible for all administrative functions of the TCMED & FL. The Chief Medical Examiner shall serve at the pleasure of the Tarrant County Commissioners Court with oversight provided by the Tarrant County Administrator’s Office, as designated by the Commissioners Court.
- Applicants must have an MD or DO degree and be Board Certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Forensic Pathology
- Must be eligible for and obtain a Texas medical license within thirty days of hire.
- Ten (10) years of medical examiner experience including four (4) years as a Chief Medical Examiner and/or Deputy Chief Medical Examiner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate important information and concepts required.
- Highly effective interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution and leadership skills are preferred.
- The District is accredited by the National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME) and staffed by Seven (7) full-time Board-Certified Pathologists.
- Investigations are certified by American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators (ABMDI)
- ACGME accredited fellowship program
- High volume fast paced program that completed over 1,700 autopsies, 450 partials, and over 1700 external examinations performed annually in the District.
- Medical Examiner’s District consists of four (4) counties and over 2.8M in population.
- Position reports to the County Administrator’s Office and provides oversight of 40 Full-time employees in the department.
- Competitive compensation and relocation will be offered to the successful candidate.
LOCATION - FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Tarrant County is home to Fort Worth, the 12th largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world. Fort Worth has been listed as one of the Top Places to Live in the US. Tarrant County is county just west of Dallas and Dallas, County.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!