CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for the Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer. The SVP, Chief Medical Officer is responsible for defining the overall clinical strategy and direction of JPS Health Network in partnership with Acclaim leadership. This position creates an environment of collaboration, respect, transparency, accountability, and engagement fostering opportunities for personal growth and professional excellence, empowering providers and staff at JPS. The SVP, Chief Medical Officer provides medical oversight, direction, and leadership for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Represents provider and physician leaders to optimize operational decisions and process improvement initiatives, while leading the development of healthcare practices to best support community needs.
- Leads/Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of systems/initiatives/programs to facilitate performance/quality improvement/safety initiatives in keeping with strategic objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of clinical areas to better understand/identify future needs and challenges.
- Evaluates existing systems/programs/priorities and future potential to make recommendations for growth, expansion, new service, and solvency of existing services based on market demographics and volume projections.
- Leads/Participates in and works directly with clinical and operational leaders to make certain that all patients have an exceptional positive experience with the healthcare system and that programs, systems, operations and resources throughout clinical care delivery areas provide safe, evidence-based, and efficient patient care.
- Makes certain the organization achieve clinical core measurement scores and has functional action plans for continued improvement in clinical care delivery.
- Ensures that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Provides oversight to all aspects of patient care within the assigned clinical area(s) and ensures the application of consistent practices relating to clinical/administrative operations, human resources activities and JPS Health Network standards.
- Collaborates with medical practice leadership and medical staff to develop and implement new clinical systems/programs to enhance existing services.
- Serves as a member of the JPS Health Network Executive Leadership team and, as such, contributes to the creation and implementation of strategic vision for the Network.
- Collaborates with other Executive and clinical leaders to further standardize the continuum of services within designated clinical area(s); leads/participates in change management processes to accelerate shifts in care delivery consistent with organizational priorities and objectives.
- Facilitates the extension of JPS Health Network values, mission, vision, and partners with other members of the executive leadership team to establish and implement plans to achieve short and long-term goals including the continued extension of JPS Health Network into the community and expansion of value-based care.
- Identifies operational problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings appropriate considerations to the President/CEO JPS Health Network and/or appropriate committees; and facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Keeps informed of industry development and trends in healthcare; the practice of medicine; Health and Human services, national, state, and regional landscape; technological and medical advancements.
- Anticipates and recognizes evolving factors that affect organizational needs and participates in the development of strategies/initiatives/programs/projects to support growth and transformational change in patient experience, access to services and clinical programs.
- Fosters development and implementation of processes and procedures, and regular evaluation of performance including identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in the determination of operating/capital resources to accomplish objectives in clinical areas and leads activities in a manner that is fiscally responsible.
- Participates in the development of the annual operating/capital budget, ensuring alignment of resources towards achieving clinical and financial goals.
- Directs the preparation of complete and accurate financial, budget, activity and productivity information including variance reports, other statistical reports, and financial projections; keeps appropriate parties apprised of all issues with potential for budgetary/financial impact.
- Leads the medical staff office and monitors its functions and serves as an ex-officio member of medical staff committees.
- In collaboration with the operating leaders, directs and evaluates the work of management staff in accordance with the content, spirit and intent of applicable internal/external regulations and standards for human resource management.
- Works with medical staff leadership to address professionalism issues and have all team members adhere to JPS code of conduct.
- Promotes programs and services that are patient centric and delivered in a value-based and market competitive manner, simultaneously employing economy while maintaining the highest level of quality care.
- Cultivates and maintains professional relationships with medical directors, physicians, patients, supply vendors and external entities to foster opportunities for improved care and outcomes, improved patient experience and customer service and revenue enhancement.
- Helps to continually facilitate the integration of the JPS Health Network into the community by using/participating in effective communications activities.
JPS Health Network is a $1 Billion, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award-winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is 582-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, and Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The CMO reports directly to the President & Chief Executive Officer of JPS Health Network.
- 4 Direct Reports
- Chief Quality Officer
- SVP, Medical Academic Research Affairs
- Executive Director, Medical Staff Affairs
- Chief Medical Information Officer
- Requires MD or DO degree with Board Certification.
- A record of at minimum 5 years of successful clinical practice augmented by 5 years or more of leadership experience in a hospital system.
- Additional medical leadership training preferred.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, medical management, and/or business administration preferred.
- Able to obtain a Texas license to practice medicine, full and unrestricted.
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 11th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!