CHIEF NURSING OFFICER
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for a CHIEF NURSING OFFICER. This newly created role will be responsible for the clinical practice of nursing, which includes assisting the Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) in directing all services provided by nursing departments. The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for developing, supporting and sustaining a comprehensive, evidence-based nursing professional practice model and assume accountability for the outcomes of nursing across JPS Health Network. He/she assists the CNE in management of resources, strategic planning and development of policies and procedures that meet the mission and vision of JPS Health Network. The ideal candidate will be able to take over as CNE when the current CNE retires. The CNO must be outcomes driven with a strong understanding of clinical and financial metrics with a strong process improvement background. Familiarity with working within a regional Level I trauma center is preferred. Our client is seeking a collaborative leader who excels at communication and relationship building with a keen eye for talent in and out of the organization. This professional will work in partnership with management and physician leaders to ensure that patient care services are aligned with the Mission, Vision and Values of JPS Health Network, and ensures that policies, procedures, and practices result in clinical, service, and operational excellence. Our client is seeking a polished and experienced, Nurse Executive who is both a visionary and strategic leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Assists the CNE in developing and managing the nursing services budget and ensuring sufficient number of qualified staff to assess patient needs.
- Ensures that continuous performance improvement initiatives are designed to measure and improve the quality of care delivered and are consistent with the organization priorities.
- Works collaboratively with other patient care and support departments, fostering a climate of open communication and mutual problem-solving activities.
- Assists in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs.
- Assumes primary responsibility for projects or task groups as assigned, keeping colleagues informed of the progress toward desired outcomes.
- Regularly rounds on key stakeholders (patients, families, employees and physicians) to enhance communication, ensure alignment, oversee operations and that the experience is exceptional.
- In collaboration with the EVP/ CNE formulates policies and procedures consistent with recognized standards of professional practice and reflecting the intent of regulatory standards and maintains authority, accountability and responsibility for nursing services.
- Actively involved in creating a professional practice environment that encourages recruitment and retention of staff in nursing.
- Collaborates with nursing educators to ensure that identified learning needs of the nursing staff are promptly addressed and that nursing staff receive the proper preparation to become independent practitioners.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with physicians and other healthcare providers. Collaborates to set goals or develop action plans for patient care or system improvements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Executive Vice President & Chief Nursing Executive.
- Master’s degree in nursing, health care administration, business administration or health-related field.
- 10 years of progressively responsible health care management positions.
- Both inpatient and outpatient experience.
- Experience working in a larger public hospital setting leading nursing departments across the board, including ER and critical care.
- Skill in communicating effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with people.
- Ability to be alert and to concentrate on many different items.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with physicians, supervisors and other hospital staff.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
OR email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.