CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
RYAN HUGHES DESIGN BUILD
TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA
**Construction Experience REQUIRED**
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an outstanding opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer for our newest client, a World Class Outdoor Living Design and Build firm – Ryan Hughes Design Build. A second-generation company reborn for the 21st century, Ryan Hughes Design/Build brings a fresh perspective to outdoor living with creatively infused comprehensive services. The firm’s scope encompasses everything outside the walls of the home, from the hardscape to landscape, right down to the outdoor furniture and accessories. Ryan Hughes Design Build is a licensed pool contractor, complemented by landscape design and architecture services available to an international clientele.
Ryan Hughes Design/Build is revolutionizing the industry with exhaustive services that address both the science and art of outdoor design – Exceptional Outdoor Living Spaces, Custom Pools and Spas, Innovative Fire and Water Features, and Signature Landscapes. Our client, Ryan Hughes, delivers outdoor spaces that capture your design vision and an intimacy with the surrounding natural elements to create the ultimate in outdoor getaway and gathering places. Outdoor Living is “Redefined” as the Ryan Hughes Design team’s expert knowledge of the finest outdoor elements and years of design-build experience come together in an innovative and one-of-a-kind outdoor living space just for you.
Ryan has been working diligently for 20 years to become the expert in the field of luxury swimming pools and outdoor living. He has won over 150 national and international awards, as well as published in numerous magazines and other publications. Ryan has been featured on HGTV and the Wall Street Journal for his innovative design, engineering and construction. He has recently become an instructor at the Genesis3, one of the world’s leading organizations for education of swimming pools and outdoor living. These accomplishments are currently generating an overwhelming amount of leads creating massive opportunity for growth and success.
Our client is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to establish core foundation processes, streamline operations, and develop the three and five-year strategic plan for the organization. COO will report directly to the President / CEO of the company. Chief Operating Officer position provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to grow the organization effectively and to provide financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to scale a growing business without sacrificing quality, margin, and customer service principles that help define Ryan Hughes Design Build.
- Develop consistent and Standard Operating Procedures that the employees will adhere to while promoting a positive work culture.
- Brand development through proper marketing channels; social media, website design, SEO, and employee/ customer referral program
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with CEO on five and ten-year plans for corporate growth and evolution
- Assist the CEO with financial projections and analyses of existing programs and policies
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes, internal and external. Provides timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Ensure that procurement of materials, supplies, and equipment meets project needs.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead “client-care officer” through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Lead “Daily Huddles” with the team to make sure everyone understands the logistics of the day ahead and is sticking to the guiding principles of the business.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of construction management, general contracting.
- Minimum eight years of strong operational experience.
- Construction experience, required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Professional Engineer’s license (PE), highly preferred
- Minimum five years in a senior management role.
- Experience in planning, design and construction of outdoors living spaces, preferred
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY TO Director to HARTZ Search below -
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!