CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Mayfield Clinic in Cincinnati, Ohio for the newly created role of Chief Strategy Officer (CSO). Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Strategy Officer assists with providing visionary leadership and strategic direction for Mayfield Clinic. This highly visible role will focus on improving performance by developing, communicating, and executing strategic objectives designed to differentiate Mayfield Clinic as the premier neurological provider as well as accelerate growth and sustainability.
The CSO will lead development of programs and services to help Mayfield achieve its multiyear strategic goals. The Chief Strategy Officer will focus on long-term trends and market dynamics; manage the organization’s approach to innovation in patient care; and oversee the Business Development, Communications & Marketing and Information Technology teams. The executive also will lead the new strategic planning process. The successful candidate will be able to challenge standard thinking with new ideas, approaches and solutions.
The Mayfield Clinic of Cincinnati, Ohio, has treated hundreds of thousands of patients since its establishment in 1937 by Frank H. Mayfield, MD. Internationally recognized as a leader in neurological surgery, Mayfield has forged a rich and lasting heritage through technical innovation, research, and a commitment to patient care. Mayfield physicians are continuously recognized among the Best Doctors in America and Top Doctors in Greater Cincinnati. Mayfield Clinic’s 20 neurosurgeons and 30 affiliated physicians, nurses and clinical staff, treat approximately 25,000 patients each year from more than 35 states and 13 countries, and perform over 6,000 surgical cases and 10,000 interventional procedures annually. Mayfield Clinic has 4 practice locations throughout the metropolitan service area. Affiliated clinical business ventures include Mayfield Brain & Spine, Mayfield Spine Surgery Center, Mayfield Physical Therapy, Mayfield Education & Research Foundation, and the Mayfield Surgical Innovation Center. The Mayfield Clinic provides clinical and surgical services for nearly all the hospitals in the Cincinnati metro market. Already the market leader in providing a broad range of neurosurgical clinical research and education services, Mayfield Brain and Spine has the resources and reputation to expand its reach and vision even further. The shareholders have a strong desire and commitment to remain independent and build on their successful legacy and tradition.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Health Care and/or Public Health Administration, Business, Marketing or Finance
- 10+years’ experience in strategic planning, business management, corporate leadership, and financial decision-making.
- 5+ years’ experience with healthcare and ambulatory surgery center operations, as well as healthcare marketing, delivery, products, and services.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing digital marketing strategies, leveraging in depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels and experience with online marketing tools and best practices required.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning. Has knowledge and understanding of hospitals and health care environment. Is consultative; part leader and part doer, with the responsibility of ensuring that execution of the strategy supports the strategy elements. This unique background must include being both a creative thinker and influential collaborator. Must possess exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills along with a strong working knowledge of management strategies, financial accounting, planning customer relations and implementation of new technologies.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, approaches and solutions. Strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously held several business and operational roles in fast paced and complex environments. Work experience should include success in a period of growth and/or transition.
- A high level of confidence, integrity, can-do attitude, and critical thinking skills are required, as well as a professional executive presence for interacting with and influencing key leadership and decision-makers, as well as with external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the capabilities to negotiate, persuade, and make effective presentations to varying audiences internal and external. Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience, strong executive presence, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze problems and to guide and develop solutions.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills relative to achieving results through others.
- The Chief Strategy Officer will report directly to the CEO
- Competitive Compensation, relocation and benefits package offered
Location - Cincinnati, Ohio:
The Cincinnati metropolitan area is a three state, fifteen county region that offers world class assets in arts, healthcare, culture, education, sports, amusements, hospitality, and recreation. Cincinnati features all the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere – a unique balancing act of extraordinary contrasts - but one that makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities and options.
Diverse, dynamic and engaged, more than 370 of the Fortune 500 companies have a presence in the region, with 10, such as Procter and Gamble, American Financial, Macy’s, Kroger, Duke Energy, Chiquita Brands and Western Southern Insurance, headquartered locally.
Cincinnati is proud of its vibrant sports traditions. With three professional sports teams, the Reds, the Bengals, and FC Cincinnati and a myriad of teams or tournaments, including hockey, soccer, tennis, volleyball, car racing and horse racing, there is something for every taste. The region also boasts three Division I collegiate athletic programs.
Downtown Cincinnati is the cultural center of the region, with world renowned museums, Broadway shows, ballet, opera, and symphony all in close proximity. In addition, there are more than 100 museums and galleries dotted throughout the region – most locally owned neighborhood gems – and community off-Broadway and alternative theater. Outside of downtown, the options get even better. Children and families can enjoy an extensive parks system, the Cincinnati Zoo, the Newport Aquarium, The Beach Waterpark, Kings Island and Coney Island Amusement Parks, four gaming casinos and much more.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search