Website HARTZ Search
Controller for Central Ohio Medicare Advantage Plan
Our confidential client is seeking a Controller to provide executive leadership and ensure that timely, accurate and relevant financial and management information is developed, analyzed and disseminated on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to support effective management.
Our client is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. This organization is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage.
Requirements for Successful Controller Candidates:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Previous financial management experience in a healthcare; at least five years of progressively more responsible positions. Previous experience in managing an accounting department is preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required; knowledge of statutory accounting principles for insurance companies is a plus.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Directs and supervises the accounting staff in the preparation of all accounting, budgeting and forecasting, and other financial information.
- Establishes and maintains accounting principles, practices, procedures and internal control mechanisms.
- Establishes and maintains banking arrangements and procedures. Develops and administers cash management plan, including but not limited to, revenue projections, expense projections, loan requirements, reserve requirements, cash flow analysis and cash handling procedures.
- Develops the annual financial budget including projections of all revenue and expenses, and various operating cost center reports.
- Assists in the preparation of all required tax filings and documents.
- Responsible for the preparation of all accounting and regulatory financial statements.
- Establishes and manages purchasing policy, procedure and program (equipment, service/vendor agreements)
- Serves as the principal liaison between the plan and external accountants and agencies responsible for financial audits.
- Maintains current industry knowledge through association memberships, annual meetings, etc.
- Identifies management information system needs, coordinates system development and identifies critical performance measures
- Responsible for all statutory reporting and contact involving financial statutes to the Ohio Department of Insurance and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
- Responsible for oversight of Investment Manager and policy compliance.
- Responsible for approval on all premium and miscellaneous refund disbursements.
- Responsible for approval of all requests for payment received by the Plan.
- Assists in the development of the annual CMS bids.
- Assists in underwriting, premium determination and renewal arrangements for employer groups.
- Oversees and monitors subrogation arrangement with third party vendor.
- Responsible for approval of monthly marketing commission calculation and approval
- Implements the operational objectives of the financial strategy
- Assists other departments with implementing sound reporting practices
- Implements and coordinates financial and operational initiatives and objectives within the organization
- Responsible for all formal financial reporting to Regional system and for maintaining all financial policies for the organization
- Responsible for all general ledger account reconciliations, including the investment and cash account reconciliations
- All other duties as assigned.
Central Ohio is home to growing and thriving metropolitan areas and access to the heart of Ohio and numerous outdoors activities, shopping, restaurants, an international airport and entertainment for everyone.
To apply for this job please visit searchlight.cluen.com.