DIRECTOR, AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Essentia Health for their brand-new Ambulatory Surgery Center near downtown Duluth, MN. The Director, Ambulatory Surgery Center will be responsible for the daily operation of the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC). This position will build the ASC’s reputation with physicians, patients, third party payors, and the community in general. The Director will be accountable for effective financial management of the ASC. The successful candidate will need to onboard quickly with a strong sense of urgency to partner with matrixed leadership in developing recruitment plans, operating procedures, training new staff and overall preparedness for the new facility to open. The ASC is planned to open second quarter of 2022 in Duluth with 4 Operating Rooms and room to grow!
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 13,800 employees, including more than 2,100 physicians and advanced practitioners. Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of Quality, Hospitality, Respect, Joy, Justice, Stewardship, and Teamwork. The organization lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 14 hospitals, 71 clinics, six long-term care facilities, three assisted living facilities, three independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position has a Triad reporting structure: Operational Administrator of Surgery, Surgery Operations Chair and Anesthesiology Division Chair.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of eight years of experience in surgery setting, 3 years in leadership role
- In accordance with clinical practice standard, ensure staffing, business development, and in conjunction with the Medical Director, will construct and implement all policies and procedures pertaining to the operation of the ASC, including business development.
- Achieves the objectives of the ASC through establishing administrative policies in conjunction with the Surgical Medical Executive Committee of the Medical Staff, coordinating activities within the ASC and assuring that operations of the ASC meet with a high standard of care.
- Complies with the requirements of any governmental or regulatory bodies having jurisdiction in the premises or use of the ASC, to meet such quality standards as set forth by the selected accrediting agency and assist the Medical Staff to ensure that medical practices and procedures meet such standards.
LOCATION – DULUTH, MINNESOTA:
Duluth, MN is situated on the north shore of Lake Superior at the westernmost point of the Great Lakes, Duluth is the largest metropolitan area on the lake and is accessible to the Atlantic Ocean 2,300 miles away via the Great Lakes Waterway and St. Lawrence Seaway. The Port of Duluth is the world's farthest inland port accessible to oceangoing ships, and by far the largest and busiest port on the Great Lakes. Duluth is a port city on Lake Superior in Minnesota with an architecturally stunning downtown, trendy lakeside neighborhoods and outdoor adventures around every turn, it's no secret why Duluth is one of Minnesota's most popular tourist destinations.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!