DIRECTOR CANCER CENTER
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE - HILLCREST
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Baylor, Scott & White – Hillcrest in Waco, Texas, a Magnet designated facility, for a Director, Cancer Center. The Baylor Scott & White McClinton Cancer Center - Director, will be responsible for the management of multiple nursing units with responsibility for planning, selecting, and devising methods, policies, and procedures for Managers and Staff employees to accomplish designated goals. Negotiate interdepartmental resources, communicate, and plans with various cross-functional departments to ensure an effective level of service to Nursing Units. Our client is seeking a dynamic, transformational leader to partner with physicians to achieve the highest level of care and accreditation for the Cancer Center. The successful Director, Cancer Center candidate, needs to uphold the strong culture and deliver safe, effective, direct and indirect patient-family centered care through Cancer Center services.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Director, Cancer Center Services will report directly to the COO & VP of Hospital Operations.
- 2 Direct Reports, 38.15 FTE’s and a $6.9M budget
- 8 Oncology Providers – Employed
- 1 Linear Accelerators
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and either MBA, MHA or MSN is required.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of progressive nursing management or business operations of cancer or oncology service line experience is required.
- Strong experience in operations and business development
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a matrix environment built on collaboration
- Cancer Center offers a variety of treatment plans and services:
- Cancer Care – all types
- On-site laboratory
- Support Services
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Lymphedema Services
- Outpatient Infusion Services
- Radiation Oncology with state-of-the-art equipment & therapies
- Oversee the operational, personnel, and fiscal management of assigned areas of responsibility, emphasizing high-quality, cost-effective patient
- Mentor other leaders in the department and monitor daily productivity, addressing variance from established standards, and adjust staffing to maintain established productivity
- Establish annual unit-specific quality improvement goals, conduct monitoring, analysis, process changes, reporting, and re-evaluation of prepared goals to Nursing Quality Council and Clinic Quality
- Investigate adverse events, review data and findings, assess trends, act on self remediation needs and identify development opportunities.
- Collaborate with non-nursing departments to establish processes and address issues that enhance patient care and
- Conduct and participate in daily rounds to identify immediate needs, monthly patient room rounds, monthly Environment of Care Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds, and promptly act on findings.
- Establish opportunities to acquire input, include unit monthly Action Unit Committees, staff meetings, and other creative
- Comply with requirements of regulatory, licensing, and accrediting
- Design measurements and tools to evaluate achievement and education strategies.
- Identify and communicate communication gaps in staff knowledge and
- Directs the effective management of financial, informational, and personnel resources to ensure efficient operations and continuity of
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!