DIRECTOR OF CARE COORDINATION
Roper St. Francis Healthcare
Charleston, South Carolina
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Roper St. Francis Health (RSFH), located in Charleston, SC is seeking a Director of Care Coordination. The Director of Care Coordination is responsible for the systems and staff that support patient transitions of care to ensure safe discharge, post-acute care placement, and continuity with respect to handovers to the ambulatory care setting.
- This position will report to Chief Medical Officer
- The Director of Care Coordination has overall responsibility for the day to day leadership of the division including, but not limited to Case Management, Social Services and Utilization Review across the four hospitals.
- This position is responsible for understanding the organization's throughput and flow objectives, barriers, and opportunities, and formulating the vision, strategy, and direction for the Care Coordination model.
- The Director of Care Coordination will determine how to operationalize this strategy, managing, motivating, and directing the staff and leadership in the support of quality patient care, safety, financial improvements, and optimal patient flow, thereby promoting an integrated and seamless patient-centered experience.
- The Director will oversee the Utilization Review function and partner with the Chief Physician Advisor to ensure that the function is optimized.
- The Director will collaborate with the post-acute service leaders to ensure optimal care coordination and patient flow to needed levels of care.
- Designs care coordination service delivery aligned with organizational goals and clinical, financial, and experience outcomes across all practice groups, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to executive care management responsibilities including a close partnership with a clinician, operations, and analytics functions.
- Provides leadership and consultations in all aspects of care coordination, as well as develops, implements, directs and evaluates an operational plan for care coordination that aligns with the organizational strategic plan to ensure that processes meet or exceed regulatory and industry standards.
- Serves as a highly visible onsite leader, colleague, and mentor, providing leadership, direction, and education.
- Collaborates with additional leaders and physician advisors in the development and execution of the care coordination program.
Roper St. Francis Healthcare is an award-winning health system with four flagship hospitals, 657-beds, 6,000 teammates, nearly 1,000 doctors, and 117 facilities providing world-class care across 5 counties. Roper St. Francis is the second-largest private employer in the Lowcountry. Ranked by Forbes and Modern Healthcare as one of the nation’s Best Employers.
Required Candidate Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Social Work, Hospital Administration, or another closely related clinical field; MHA, MBA, MSW, or MSN preferred.
- 5 years’ progressive management experience, at least three of which are directly related to care management and coordination. Proven track record in management of length of stay and cost per case and effective physician relations.
- Licensure as an RN or other technical field, if applicable.
- Case Management and/or previous value-based care experience preferred.
- Change management expertise.
- National certification in case management.
- Familiarity with risk stratification models.
- Experienced in both inpatient and ambulatory or home care settings.
- Subject matter expert on care transitions, discharge planning, continuity of care, utilization review, and quality improvement concepts and practice.
- Expertise in cultural competence and diversity/inclusion strategies
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong track record of building and leading teams. He/she will balance vision with a hands-on approach and will be comfortable driving results independently, as well as with and through others.
- The ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all requirements for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative culture.
- Excellent communication, presentation, coaching, training, facilitation, problem-solving, and conflict-management skills
- Ability to influence decision-making throughout the organization
- Must have written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated commitment to collaborative practice and continuous quality improvement.
- Working knowledge of clinical systems where applicable which may include WINPFS, STAR, CareManger, etc.
Location – Charleston, SC:
Charleston, the South Carolina port city founded in 1670, is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, and pastel houses, particularly in the elegant French Quarter and Battery districts. A rich history, outstanding access to healthcare, a culinary hotspot, shopping, multiple beaches, an international airport, and an excellent school system, make Charleston one of the most desirable locations to live in the US.
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Apply to HARTZ Search: