HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our newest client, UW Health for the Director, Communications. UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison serving more than 600,000 patients each year in the Upper Midwest and beyond with approximately 1,750 physicians and 21,00 staff at seven hospitals and more than 80 outpatient sites. UW School of Medicine and Public Health is the nation's only combined school of medicine and public health - recently ranked among the honor roll of top 20 health systems in the country.
The new Director of Communications is responsible for the direction and leadership of operational, financial, programmatic and personnel activities for Marketing Communications. This includes developing and implementing institutional marketing communication strategies and comprehensive supporting plans to realize the organization’s strategic business goals. The Director will be responsible for outlining the communications plan and infrastructure needed to support achieving the UW Health Strategic Plan.
The ideal candidate for the Director, Communications role will be an innovative and dynamic leader who can build a thoughtful communication strategy, drive market recognition for all UW Health entities and provide guidance to key stakeholders and leadership. This position develops strategy to build media relationships to further UW Health positioning among regional/national audiences and position UW Health CEO as visible, integrated national health system leader. The Director expands the use of communication vehicles to support audience engagement and alignment with digital health priorities with particular focus on UW School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH), physicians, and leadership communication audiences. This role establishes a voice of the CEO to support communication and presentation needs.
Position Highlights & Requirements
- Position reports directly to the Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer at UW Health
- Minimum Education requirement is a Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing, Market Research or Communications.
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in developing & accelerating marketing communications in a highly matrixed organization; Ability to work collaboratively across UW Health entities and disciplines
- Previous experience in a large Academic Medical or Integrated Health System, preferred; Broad knowledge of modern health care administration practices and principles within a managed care environment and/or an academic medical center.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build teams
- Ability to operate in high-pressure situations
- Competitive Compensation, excellent benefits and relocation assistance offered to successful candidate
UW Health is in Madison, Wisconsin – the state capital and sits on an isthmus between Lake Mendota and Monona. Madison is routinely listed by national publications as Top Places to Live in the US; offering a vibrant cultural hub of art, music, food, breweries and one of the “greenest” cities in America. Madison offers a strong economy, affordable housing, great schools, access to world-class healthcare, outdoors activities and something for everyone. Come explore why Madison, Wisconsin and UW Health offer an outstanding combination of quality of life and professional growth!
OR Email resume to:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | HARTZ Search
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.