DIRECTOR, COMPREHENSIVE CARE
BAYLOR, SCOTT & WHITE MCLANE CHILDREN’S CENTER – TEMPLE
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Baylor, Scott, and White Health –Temple, TX, for a Director of Comprehensive Care at the McLane Children’s Center. Reporting to the Regional Director of Comprehensive Care Management, the Director of Comprehensive Care Management leads and directs the overall operations of the Continuum of Care/Case Management Department including supervision of Case Managers, Social Workers, technical, and clerical staff. The Director ensures that high quality services are delivered in a manner that meets the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and the hospital. The Director prepares and manages the departmental budget in accordance with sound fiscal practices and in compliance with Baylor Scott & White policies and procedures.
This position has oversight of our Pediatric Trauma Center – Baylor Scott & White McLane Children’s comprehensive care management program.
- Establishes and communicates department specific policies and procedures that support and advance department objectives.
- Directs and oversees operations in accordance with approved budgets and business necessities.
- Manages and directs department staff to create and maintain a fair and supportive work environment that fosters individual growth.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained to meet department needs by recruiting new staff members and retaining existing staff.
- Completes yearly performance evaluations on all staff who are direct reports utilizing organizational principles of integrated and aligned goals.
- Demonstrates and leads departmental lean activities and supports staff in creating and meeting huddle board goals. Identifies and resolves potential and actual service problems in a timely and professional manner using appropriate leadership skills.
- Collaborates with other directors, managers, and senior leadership to effectively resolve problems and develop and implement long range plans and objectives. Implements and monitors practice policies for staff to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulatory requirements with support from Senior COC Leadership. Oversees and ensures a integrated model of COC with licensed professionals (RNs and Social Workers) who work within their scope of practice, clinical expertise, and license restrictions, and the para-professional staff (Case Management Assistants, Discharge Advocates, and clerical) who support the professional staff.
- Provides consultation to staff who might need assistance or direction on patient care situations that arise at all hours of the day and night including weekends and holidays. Participates in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices. Encourages and supports staff in a similar manner.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional, and courteous manner.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with a pediatric patient population
- If RN, master’s degree in nursing preferred.
- If Social Worker, MSW or LCSW 7 years’ experience with 5 years in Case Management, Utilization Review, Social Work, or other health care employment required. Previous managerial experience preferred
- Master’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience
- LMSW or RN
LOCATION – TEMPLE, TEXAS:
Temple, TX enjoys the distinction of being the demographic center of the state of Texas. With the major cities of Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio less than three hours away, it is the transportation center as well. In fact, 84 percent of the state's population is within three hours of the Temple city limits.
Temple uniquely offers the best aspects of two worlds: the conveniences of big-city dwelling with the atmosphere of a small town. A home to visionaries and dreamers who saw the fulfillment of their aspirations, Temple offers a bright future to those fortunate enough to live within this community of growth and opportunity.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!