DIRECTOR, CRITICAL CARE SERVICES
BAYLOR, SCOTT & WHITE – HILLCREST
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Baylor, Scott, and White Health – Hillcrest, a Magnet designated facility located in Waco, TX, for a Director, Critical Care services. The Director of Critical Care will be responsible for Medical and Surgical Intensive Care units and the Respiratory Care unit. The Director of Critical Care is responsible for planning, selecting, and devising methods, policies, and procedures for Managers and Staff employees to accomplish designated goals. Negotiate interdepartmental resources, communicate, and plans with various cross-functional departments to ensure an effective level of service to Nursing Units.
Our client is seeking a dynamic, transformational leader to align and bridge the clinical and medical/ surgical ICU gap. The successful Director, Critical Care candidate, needs to uphold the strong culture of BSWH – Hillcrest and deliver safe, effective, direct and indirect patient-family centered care through critical care services.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Director, Critical Care Services will report directly to the Chief Nursing Officer of BSWH – Hillcrest
- Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing is required. Master’s Degree preferred ability to obtain in 3 years.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of progressive nursing management experience is required.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a matrix environment built on collaboration
- Oversee the operational, personnel, and fiscal management of assigned areas of responsibility, emphasizing high-quality, cost-effective patient care.
- Mentor other leaders in the department and monitor daily productivity, addressing variance from established standards, and adjust staffing to maintain established productivity
- Establish annual unit-specific quality improvement goals, conduct monitoring, analysis, process changes, reporting, and re-evaluation of prepared goals to Nursing Quality Council and Clinic Quality
- Investigate adverse events, review data and findings, assess trends, act on self remediation needs and identify development opportunities.
- Collaborate with non-nursing departments to establish processes and address issues that enhance patient care and
- Conduct and participate in daily rounds to identify immediate needs, monthly patient room rounds, monthly Environment of Care Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds, and promptly act on findings.
- Establish opportunities to acquire input, include unit monthly Action Unit Committees, staff meetings, and other creative
- Comply with requirements of regulatory, licensing, and accrediting agencies.
- Design measurements and tools to evaluate achievement and education strategies.
- Identify and communicate communication gaps in staff knowledge and
- Directs the effective management of financial, informational, and personnel resources to ensure efficient operations and continuity of
LOCATION – WACO, TEXAS:
Waco is the county seat of McLennan County. It also offers some major attractions, historic homes, seven recreational venues, nine arts organizations staging theatrical and musical productions, and art exhibitions.
The City is the birthplace of Dr. Pepper, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum, and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. It is not only brimming with Texas history, economic opportunity, and a wide variety of cultural experiences; it is also a major seat of higher learning with three major colleges within its city limits, including Baylor University, Texas State Technical College, and McLennan Community College.
Waco is home to Magnolia Market. The popular TV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines own several businesses in Waco, including the Magnolia Market at the Silos, Magnolia Table, Magnolia Press, Silos Baking Co., The Little Shop on Bosque, and Magnolia Realty.
Waco offers an excellent cost of living, strong public and private schools, shopping, dining, and rich culture that are driving growth in this market.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!