DIRECTOR, FACILITIES ENGINEERING
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client in Fort Worth, Texas – JPS HEALTH NETWORK. JPS Health Network is a 580-bed, not for profit, public hospital. JPS Health has recently been named the #1 Hospital in the United States by Washington Monthly and was several other awards for culture, engagement and clinical excellence. The Director Facilities Engineering plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates and controls the activities required to maintain facility operations of all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems (including grounds, utilities, and maintenance) to ensure compliance with all regulatory and accreditation agencies with regards to the physical environment of all district-owned, district-leased, and newly built or renovated facilities and property. The Director, Facilities Engineering reports to the Executive Director, Facilities Management.
- Oversees all functional areas of Facilities Engineering for the hospital district campuses, off-site community health clinics, and owned or leased properties.
- Provides leadership with an emphasis on developing existing and future talent, monitoring and inspiring performance while assessing the organizational structure for continued opportunities for improvement and long-term success.
- Assists the Executive Director in development of facilities programs, comprehensive policies, procedures and initiatives around maintaining all MEP systems (including all Central Utility Plant equipment, Medical Gases, fire/sprinkler systems, and emergency power systems), utilities, and grounds.
- Assists the Executive Director in development and management of the departments operating and capital budgets on an annual basis to include staffing, equipment, materials, supplies and utilities.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance activities of all facilities, grounds, emergency power generation systems, medical gas, plant operations (including facility exteriors such as roofs, building facade, etc.), and the repair of non-clinical equipment.
- Directs all repairs and maintenance activities and processes for all facilities and grounds.
- Assists the Executive Director in development and implementation of Facilities Engineering
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited program; preferably in Engineering (Mechanical,Electrical, Plumbing, etc.) or similar discipline.
- 6 plus years experience in facilities engineering of a health care facility or similar facility with 4 of those years at a management level.
- Experience in managing the accreditation elements of performance of a health care facility in relation to operations
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Masters Degree from an accredited program
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) (or must be completed within the first year of employment). PE license will substitute a CHFM
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
RECENT AWARDS FOR JPS HEALTH NETWORK:
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TO HARTZ SEARCH:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | https://www.linkedin.com/in/searchpartner
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.