DIRECTOR, FACILITIES OPERATIONS
FACILITIES, DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
CITY OF HOPE – CANCER CENTER & CANCER RESEARCH CENTER
HARTZ Search is excited to announce a new engagement with our newest client partner, City of Hope, Cancer Center & Cancer Research Center in Southern California for a Director, Facilities Operations - Facilities, Design & Construction City of Hope is a private, not-for-profit clinical research center, hospital and graduate medical school located in Duarte, California, United States. City of Hope is best known as a cancer treatment center. It has been designated a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute and has been ranked one of the nation's Best Cancer Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for over ten years and is a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for leading the overall Facilities Operations division of the Facilities Design and Construction department including: budget development and execution including capital and operational accounts; contract management; project accounting; management of key documents; hiring and onboarding of new personnel; assists the Executive Director with managing the Employee Engagement program; assess, develop and implement processes to improve business practices throughout the department; lead process improvement efforts in the department to include project planning and execution; manage the Construction Committee and associated processes in conjunction with the Executive Director, and other administrative and operational duties as required. Our client seeks a candidate with sound problem-solving, decision-making and business analysis skills, partnered with excellent communication skills and abilities to prepare and perform presentations to executives and internal customers are required.
- The Director will work with City of Hope leadership, including peer contact with the Finance Legal, Enterprise Program Management, and other Departments, and represent Facilities Design and Construction to the Equipment and Construction Capital Board in the development of capital and department budgets, ensure all department contracts are managed and processed from initiation to completion adhering to City of Hope’s policies and procedures for full compliance, and aligning the project accounting and processing of all project accounting functions.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director, Facilities, Design & Construction & Executive Director
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in large program management, financial management, leading high performing teams of professionals, capital project budgeting and implementation
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor, Business Administration or Management – Master’s degree preferred
- Preferred executive experience in corporate financial management, capital and operational budgeting, budget execution, contracting practices, corporate accounting, process and policy development, process oversight and improvement
City of Hope is headquartered in Duarte, California a city located in the San Gabriel Valley and 25 miles east of Los Angeles, California. San Gabriel Valley and the Los Angeles metro areas are filled with world class dining, shopping and cultural activities for everyone.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
OR Email resume to:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | email@example.com
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.