DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES TALENT & CULTURE
Roper St. Francis Healthcare
Charleston, South Carolina
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Roper St. Francis Health (RSFH), a Joint Venture between Bon Secours Mercy Health and The Medical Society of South Carolina for the Director, Human Resources Talent & Culture. RSFH is a 4-hospital integrated health system with over 700-licensed beds and $1B in net revenue, and 5K employees. The Director of Human Resources, Talent & Culture will report directly to the Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, and is responsible for creating and implementing effective human capital strategies, policies, and programs aligned to the organization's mission and drive performance. This position requires a collaborative, innovative leader who can work with and through people to effect positive change.
The Director of Human Resources, Talent & Culture will partner with the organization to identify, develop, and drive key human capital initiatives in talent acquisition, employee relations, learning & development, workforce planning, strategic HR initiatives, and teammate safety. The Director will drive people processes to ensure that teammates' capabilities meet current and future needs. This role will also engage with diversity and inclusion initiatives to enhance culture and further HR work. The Director of HR will promote a culture of engagement, continuous learning, and growth to recruit and retain top talent.
The Director of Human Resources will manage and drive specific projects as determined in the HR planning process and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives. This role will foster teamwork, creativity, and innovation to drive operational improvements and efficiencies and ensure HR provides high quality, excellent service and contributes to Roper St. Francis Healthcare's strategic direction in achieving its goals and objectives. The Director of Human Resources will also serve as the Compliance Officer for Human Resources and serve as the point person with outside counsel on any employment-related claims or litigation.
Ranked as one of the Best Places To Work – 2020, by Modern Healthcare: https://www.modernhealthcare.com/labor/best-places-work-healthcare-2020-alphabetical-list
RSFH Awards & Recognition: https://www.rsfh.com/news-center/awards-and-recognitions/
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. JD or Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience, including at least three years of supervisory experience, is required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Other Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- The position requires strong technical HR knowledge and experience with employment and labor laws, EEO/AA, and other state and federal laws and regulations (including Joint Commission, CMS, etc.).
- A strong background in employment practices, organization development, leadership development, & talent assessment.
- Must have the ability to develop strong relationships with outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, etc.).
- The ability to effectively leverage technology to gain efficiencies and use data to support strategies and programs.
- Possess strong assessment and decision-making skills and the ability to effectively speak in front of large audiences, influence and lead others.
- Fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic, and flexible HR Professional who can easily link HR/business issues and respond quickly (sense of urgency) and effectively to business issues.
LOCATION - CHARLESTON, SC:
Charleston, the South Carolina port city, founded in 1670, is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages, and pastel houses, particularly in the elegant French Quarter Battery districts. With a rich history, unparalleled access to healthcare, a culinary hotspot, shopping, numerous beaches, an international airport, and an excellent school system, make Charleston one of the most desirable locations to live in the US.
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED CANDIDATES - APPLY DIRECTLY TO HARTZ SEARCH:
Mike Hartz – President/ CEO of HARTZ Search will be leading the exclusively, retained search for Roper St. Francis Healthcare (www.Hartzsearch.com).
Support will be provided by Jen Alber: email@example.com
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge-level service throughout each executive and Director level search we conduct.