DIRECTOR, MANAGED CARE
ANMED – ANDERSON, SOUTH CAROLINA
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client AnMed in Anderson, South Carolina for the Director, Managed Care. The Director is responsible for the performance of the contract annual portfolio of approximately $150M. The Director is responsible for developing and executing payer strategy, contract negotiations, contract performance and administration for AnMed Health System. The nature of the responsibilities requires the Director to understand the complex and varying relationships within AnMed Health System to determine and plan strategies to achieve clinical and financial goals. The Director also responds to extremely urgent, mission-critical projects driven by either contracting opportunities and issues or initiatives supporting other AnMed Health System executives. The new Director, Managed Care must be the subject matter expert in leading the AnMed Value Based Care journey.
Responsibility spans all AnMed Health System entities which is comprised of 4 owned and managed hospitals, approximately 250 employed physicians/providers, and a Clinically Integrated Network.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Directly reports to the CFO, and has responsibility for 2.4 Direct Reports
- A minimum of 10 years of managed care experience with significant background in negotiations, contracting and hospital/physicians clinical operations.
- Proven track record of managing and closing negotiations (language and rate) on time and at or exceeding budget expectations. Required to have closed negotiations for a provider (preferably a health system).
- Working knowledge of value-based arrangements including but not limited to risk/capitation, bundling or shared savings arrangements. Familiarity with integrated care and payment models that align financial incentives to support quality outcomes, patient/member satisfaction and cost-effective care delivery.
- Demonstrated success/ knowledge of Value Based Contracting, Risk, Capitation, Clinically Integrated Networks, Revenue Sharing and Rate Setting.
- Strong written and verbal executive level communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to exercise good time management, priority setting, keeping multiple projects on track simultaneously, excellent organizational skills.
- Stay abreast of local, regional and national trends in healthcare and insurance industries, noting their potential impact on AnMed Health System.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to AnMed Health System Leaders and Staff using the following Executive Leadership Competencies:
- Innovation-Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches.
- Excitement-Operating with a good deal of energy intensity, and emotional expression; having a capacity for keeping others enthusiastic and involved.
- Delegation- Enlisting the talents of others to help meet objective by giving them important activities and sufficient autonomy to exercise their own judgment.
- Production-Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement: holding high expectations for yourself and others; pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels.
- Strategic-Taking a long-range, broad approach to problem solving and decision making through objective analysis, thinking ahead, and planning.
- Communication-Stating clearly what you want and expect from others; clearly expressing your thoughts and ideas; maintaining a precise and constant flow of information.
- Feedback-Letting others know in as straight forward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed, and whether they have met your needs and expectations.
- Consensual-Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
LOCATION – ANDERSON, SOUTH CAROLINA:
Anderson is a city in and the county seat of Anderson County, South Carolina, United States. It is one of the principal cities in the Greenville-Mauldin-Anderson Metropolitan Statistical Area. Anderson is just off Interstate 85 and is 120 miles from Atlanta and 140 miles from Charlotte. Anderson is one hour drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains and 4 hours to the coast of South Carolina. Anderson is the smallest of the three primary cities that makes up the Upstate region and is nicknamed "The Electric City" and "The Friendliest City in South Carolina". Anderson's spirit and quality of life have earned national recognition as Anderson County was named an "All-America City" in 2000.
Anderson County boasts a mild climate with four distinct seasons, 55,950-acre Hartwell Lake with nearly 1,000 miles of shoreline and a thriving economic and cultural community. Anderson County has one of the lowest costs of living in the United States and is a thriving industrial, commercial and tourist center.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!