DIRECTOR PLANNING, DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION (PDC)
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client in Fort Worth, Texas – JPS HEALTH NETWORK for a Director Planning, Design & Construction (PDC). JPS Health Network is a 580-bed, not for profit, public hospital. JPS Health has recently been named the #1 Hospital in the United States by Washington Monthly and was several other awards for culture, engagement and clinical excellence. The Director Construction is responsible for providing leadership, planning, and direction in the implementation of new construction and facility modernization-in compliance with all ADA, local/state/federal building code regulations for JPS Health Network. This position also ensures the maintenance and updating of all Auto Cad and Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) data for JPS facilities. Makes recommendations regarding capital construction projects to the Board of Managers and Commissioners Court. The Director Planning, Design & Construction (PDC) reports to the Executive Director Planning, Design & Construction (PDC).
- Prepares department operating budgets on an annual basis and monitors areas of responsibility for compliance within current budget.
- Prepares and administer departmental performance evaluations.
- Promotes departmental and organizational activities for providing courteous customer service to patients, families, visitors and external customers.
- Participates in Leadership Development activities; implement strategies and processes to improve employee morale and performance.
- Develops, evaluates and obtains designs (when required) and recommends required facility modernization projects in support of the JPS Health Network Facility Utilization Plan.
- Provides project management oversight for all JPS construction projects, including coordination of furniture and equipment acquisition and IT/Communication system installation.
- Ensures all recommended and implemented projects are in compliance with all ADA, local/state/federal building code regulations.
- Coordinates with Architects, Engineers, Legal Counsel and other consultants on facility design and construction issues, issues requests for proposals and requests for qualifications in accordance with applicable law.
- Assumes accountability to ensure that all contracts, agreement bids, invoices and insurance requirements associated with construction projects are developed properly and processed in a timely manner.
- Monitors design and construction program continuously for adherence to budget and schedule, informs COO of material variances to established plan.
- Develops Board of Managers recommendations and Commissioners Court communique’s for approval as required on capital construction projects.
- Reviews and Identifies strategic opportunities for applying new or existing resources to best help achieve goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field from an accredited program.
- 15 plus years’ experience in Healthcare construction.
- 10 plus years’ experience in project management.
- 10 plus years’ experience in construction cost estimating.
- 3 plus years’ experience in a construction program complying with Joint Commission Chapters of Life Safety & Environmental of Care.
- Required Certifications: Training in American Institute of Architects Contract Software.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with general hospital operations and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of the diverse function and mission of the District.
- Knowledge of performance improvement methodology and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer systems, software, technology and automated systems.
- Skill at communicating, coaching and providing feedback to persons representing varied educational levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Skill at exercising tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex, and confidential issues and situations.
- Skill in Time Management, including prioritizing, organizing, and coordinating multiple work areas and assignments under fast paced and changing conditions to meet deadlines.
- Skill at analytical and clerical perception to avoid and detect errors in reports and other documents.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Ability to articulate, make presentations and conduct training sessions at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage a high number of demands and simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to foster open communication, trust, support and active departmental participation with physician and hospital staff.
- Ability to recruit and retain competent staff utilizing coaching skills that will foster employee development, productivity, growth, satisfaction, loyalty, commitment and team work.
RECENT AWARDS FOR JPS HEALTH NETWORK:
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY TO Director to HARTZ Search below
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!