Our client, Hammes Healthcare Company is seeking a Director of PreConstruction and Estimating to serve as a subject matter expert in their corporate office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Pre-Construction Director’s role is to manage the processes and resources that provide quality pre-construction services to both internal and external clients,and review the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established pre-construction scope of services including but not limited to conceptual estimating planning and detailed unit cost estimating. This position reports to the COO.
- Develop estimates for projects of all size and complexity for exterior envelope, civil and structural elements at concept and detailed levels of design. If MEP Discipline, same.
- Knowledge of Arch, mechanical and electrical systems. Developing knowledge of architectural, structural and civil systems.
- Establish contacts at numerous subcontractor and vendor locations.
- Assist operations Leaders and office/regional scheduling resources in providing input for project schedules. Has a good working understanding of durations for activities
- Coordinate and manage estimating processes – establishing preconstruction work plans that define deliverables and responsibilities for team members
- Present and support our work to internal and external clients
- Manage all aspects of the required preconstruction deliverables to a client.
- Review of our work product and insures all deliverables are accurate, complete and well-conceived in content and presentation.
- Develop the necessary understanding of the companies’ risk management procedures including strategies for insurance and Site risks and logistics.
What we’re looking for:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products, estimating software and subcontractor outreach and document control systems
- Navigate BIM models and effectively understand purpose and use of tools other teams may be using. ( IE GCs and AEs)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and review / comment on project purchasing plans and bid packages
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Keep project team informed on job progress
- Must have a good attitude and be approachable
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of the local market conditions and how those may impact the planning and estimating of our projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree.
- Generally 8 to 10 years of estimating, controls and/or engineering experience.
Hammes is one of the largest, Healthcare Real estate facilities development and companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of Healthcare and Academic research clients. Headquartered in Milwaukee Wisc. with regional offices throughout the USA.
To apply for this job please visit searchlight.cluen.com.