DIRECTOR, WORKFORCE STRATEGY & PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Essentia Health for an inaugural Director, Workforce Strategy & Pipeline Development, reporting directly to the Vice President, Talent Management and matrix reporting relationships with Operations, Nursing and Shared Services across the Essentia Health enterprise. The Workforce Strategy Director partners with senior leadership, Human Resources leaders including Talent Acquisition, Organizational Learning and Development, HRIS, HR Business Partners and other system leaders to develop the workforce strategies that deliver on Essentia Health’s strategy. Uses workforce data and the resulting insights to build innovative solutions that differentiate Essentia Health as a best place to work. Builds relationships and incorporates community partners and government agencies to shape programming, policy, and practices to expand and develop Essentia Health talent pipelines. Supports initiatives that align talent and business strategy to build, enhance and optimize talent pipelines.
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 13,800 employees, including more than 2,100 physicians and advanced practitioners. Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of Quality, Hospitality, Respect, Joy, Justice, Stewardship, and Teamwork. The organization lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 14 hospitals, 71 clinics, six long-term care facilities, three assisted living facilities, three independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position reports to Vice President, Talent Management
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Healthcare and/or related field required. Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience: A minimum of eight years of experience in Workforce strategy, Human Resources or related experience.
- Ability to inspire and motivate the Workforce Team to achieve results investing in their growth and development
- Ability to function independently with a high level of autonomy and discretion but also demonstrate effectiveness within teams
- Knowledge of prevailing practices in human resources and workforce strategy and pipeline development
- Demonstrated experience in drawing insights from workforce models and trends and using analytics and insights to make recommendations.
- Develops strategic workforce forecast and plan including scenario planning, modeling and environmental scan. Performs gap analysis and monitoring and evaluation of workforce strategy and plan progress.
- Provides thought leadership and partnering services to system leadership and subject matter experts to assist with development and implementation of custom solutions that address workforce issues.
- Conducts workforce planning analysis in collaboration with leadership to determine what gaps exist between the current and projected workforce needs in the short-term and long-term to develop mitigation strategies.
- Partners with Operations leaders, Finance, Internal Mobility and HR Business Partners to understand workforce requirements in terms of headcount, budget, and skills now and in the future.
- Utilizes benchmarking, emerging and best practices to design and continuously improve actionable, proactive programs and associated metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and facilitate strategic insights.
- Presents findings to senior Operations, Nursing. Shared Services and Human Resources leaders to drive action or remediation to ensure market differentiation.
LOCATION – DULUTH, MINNESOTA:
Duluth, MN is situated on the north shore of Lake Superior at the westernmost point of the Great Lakes, Duluth is the largest metropolitan area on the lake and is accessible to the Atlantic Ocean 2,300 miles away via the Great Lakes Waterway and St. Lawrence Seaway. The Port of Duluth is the world's farthest inland port accessible to oceangoing ships, and by far the largest and busiest port on the Great Lakes. Duluth is a port city on Lake Superior in Minnesota with an architecturally stunning downtown, trendy lakeside neighborhoods and outdoor adventures around every turn, it's no secret why Duluth is one of Minnesota's most popular tourist destinations.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!