EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & PRESIDENT, ACCLAIM PHYSICIAN GROUP – Physician Executive Required
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting new opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK for an Executive Vice President/ President – Physician Executive for Acclaim Physician Group. The President - Physician Executive, Acclaim Physician Group role is to champion the strategic planning process and ensures alignment with Parent organization goals and initiatives while providing oversight and leadership to the Medical Group.
The President will position Acclaim Physician Group to achieve industry-leading performance while identifying critical success factors. The President will create an environment of collaboration, respect, transparency, and accountability fostering opportunities for personal growth and professional excellence, empowering physician partners, providers and staff. The President is the physician executive representative to the Acclaim Physician Group’s Executive Committee and a frequent participant in numerous leadership forums within the parent organization designed to promote constructive collaboration across the system to ensure maximum identity and alignment with and between the parent organization and the medical group.
The President should be an experienced leader who can communicate the leadership's strategic vision and has the expertise to identify opportunities and methods to improve customer service, work process, and financial performance. Physician Executive candidates must possess the knowledge, patience, and communication skills necessary to design and implement quality improvement initiatives with the various departments, clinical and administrative staff, and the physicians. The President is responsible for organizing and directing the operations of the medical group to include all aspects of patient care, staff development, financial management and accreditation. The position is also responsible for directing processes that meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures; ensures that services meet external and internal clients’ needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
RECENT AWARDS FOR JPS HEALTH NETWORK:
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award-winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Responsible for developing and implementing Acclaim Physician Group’s mission and strategic plan.
- Develops and updates organizational design for maximum productivity and control of quality and costs.
- Ensures the financial viability of Acclaim Physician Group by maintaining systems to control finances and staffing
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs and physical properties and initiates appropriate changes
- Represents Acclaim Physician Group and JPS in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies and third party payers
- Serves as a liaison and channel of communication between system executive leadership and all medical group colleagues
- Meets population-specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Responsible for leading and directing all operations and related lines of business
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the administrative business relationships with all third-party Payor contracts to ensure operational implementation, financial monitoring and performance, and issue resolution.
- Provide support to Physician Leadership regarding practice management-related issues including contractual relationships, new service financial feasibility, strategic partnerships, staffing assessments, and other operational issues.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- The President will also provide executive leadership in establishing a strategic vision to maintain our competitiveness in a changing healthcare marketplace and will plan and implement initiatives that build organizational strength while adapting to clinical, economic, technological, and regulatory changes.
- Responsible for overseeing the operations of the Medical Group and hospital-based physician practices.
- Make significant financial improvements in employed physician practices; optimize revenue opportunities through increased marketing, productivity and revenue cycle efficiency
- Provides input and consultation to the hiring, on-boarding, and negotiation of contracts, terms, bonus, etc. for all Medica Group staff, including physicians.
- Manages and ensures best practice in the area of physician credentialing.
- Coordinates the cultivation and performance management of employed physicians, and consults with Medical Group on successful physician operating models.
- Manages and ensures best practices in the area of documentation and coding in all practices.
- Promote accountability across all practices.
- Promote more physician involvement in governance.
- Monitors and mitigates outmigration of physicians by promoting advantageous referral patterns.
- Be a visible leader and liaison with the Medical Staff and system.
- Further develop and enhance quality and service while providing market intelligence and strategic direction in building our physician network and enterprise.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership Team executives to develop clinical integration strategies including clinical quality metrics, patient satisfaction, and operations that result in high performing medical groups ready for emerging reimbursement models, and other emerging risk-sharing models that involve partnerships with physicians.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Current Medical Doctor (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from an accredited school of medicine.
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in physician leadership roles.
- Medical degree with appropriate residency training within specialty.
- Board certification or board eligible with a valid medical license.
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MHA) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of progressive leadership experience in a multi-specialty medical group.
- Track record of creative problem solving and innovation within your field of expertise that demonstrates vision, follow-through, and ethical decision making.
- Highly skilled in physician practice management and brings deep experience in operations, finance, quality/safety, physician recruitment and retention, and physician compensation.
- Must be able to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated track record successfully leading an organization through tremendous change and integration.
- Outstanding relationship skills and the ability to collaboratively partner with senior hospital and system executives, board members, and outside constituents.
- Competitive Compensation, annual incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits.
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
Qualified Candidates Should Apply Directly to HARTZ Search:
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in times of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidates as well. We provide concierge-level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.