EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, EMERGENCY SERVICES
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for an Executive Director, Emergency Services. The Executive Director of Emergency Services provides the overall organization, operation, and direction of the assigned nursing departments and provides quality service, positive patient satisfaction, fiscal accountability, and identification of the departments’ performance expectations. This role develops programs that support excellence in nursing care for patients, improves customer and/or consumer satisfaction, and promotes positive employee relations. The ideal candidate will have experience in high-volume Emergency departments, master facility planning, construction/ renovation of ED units, progressive thoughts around patient flow, ED layouts, and the ability to increase patient experience scores through teamwork and standardization. Our client is seeking a dynamic Nurse Executive to lead, plan and implement plans to manage the growth of the department, improve patient experience metrics and develop collaborative partnerships with providers, and improve throughput issues.
- Executive Director, Emergency Services reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer
- Eight (8) Direct Reports
- Level 1 ACS Accredited Trauma Center with over 130K annual visits
- Comprehensive Stroke Center by DNV-GL
- Geriatric Certified Bronze
- Joint Commission AMI Accreditation and Sepsis Certified
- 70 Acute Bed Department: 14 Trauma Rooms, 4 Medical Resucitation, 40 Acute Care Rooms, 12 Vertical Care Rooms, Ligature Resistant Internal Waiting Room, and a SANE Suite
JPS Health Network is a $1 Billion, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award-winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, a 573-bed acute care facility in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business Administration (MBA),or Health Administration (MHA) or related field required with 5 plus years of progressive nursing leadership responsibility in an Emergency Department setting
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with 10 plus years experience working in nursing in an Emergency Department leadership role.
- 3 plus years of work experience in a teaching hospital preferred with a Level I Trauma unit
- Current RN license from the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners required.
- Knowledge of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostics and treatment equipment, data processing technology, governmental regulations, health insurance changes and financing options.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice of health care administration, including but not limited to COBRA/ EMTALA, TJC, for the planning and implementation of sound policies and procedures.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!