EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SECURITY
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search is excited to share with you a new opportunity with one of our premier clients, JPS HEALTH NETWORK for the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SECURITY. The Executive Director, Information Security serves as the senior information security leader and HIPAA Information Security Officer for JPS Health Network. The position has primary accountability for providing strategic leadership and direction to develop information security practices that minimize risk and create a strong information security posture for our organization. The Executive Director Information Security has accountability for driving leadership performance and assuring the Information Security and Governance strategy is consistent with organizational policies and procedures. The CISO is directly responsible for managing the information security and privacy incident response process for incidents involving the unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of institutional information. This position drives achievement of industry awards and certifications such as, but not limited to, HITURST, ISO 27001, and NIST.
The Executive Director Information Security will collaborate with Legal Services, Human Resources, Compliance, and Privacy to define information security requirements, specify risk mitigation workflows and engage the appropriate stakeholders to maintain the operational and reputational integrity of JPS Health Network. Our client is seeking a dynamic executive leader who excels in executive leadership, risk management, budgeting, and a good understanding of compliance, audit and technology. The Executive Director will need to have the ability to translate complex technical and security concepts into terms that all stakeholders can understand and be engaged in. The Executive Director, Information Security will need to become the digital trust leader.
RECENT AWARDS FOR JPS HEALTH NETWORK:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Develops a Governance, Security, Risk, and Compliance framework for the organization that is embedded into the JPS culture.
- Manages and updates policies and procedures based on regularity requirements.
- Maintains compliance with industry-standard security frameworks and best practices (i.e. HIPAA, HITECH, HITRUST, ISO 27001, NIST, etc.).
- Develops an ongoing cybersecurity training program for all JPS team members.
- Protects the informational assets of the organization by aiding in the development and integration of security technology best practices.
- Manages the IT Security team.
- Communicates with Senior Executives on an ongoing basis all opportunities for improvement and continuing progress.
- Participates in a 24x7 global support team as needed.
- Stays current with new technology.
- Formulates strategy for cybersecurity
- Build and maintain threat-resistant systems
- Partner with Risk management functions to integrate cyber risk with broader risk strategy
- Address legal and regulatory compliance requirements
- Develop cybersecurity risk metrics
- Educate the board and the JPS Health Networks Executives on cybersecurity
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award-winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Chief Technology Officer
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information technology, Risk Management or related field. Master’s preferred
- CISSP certification is required
- Experience utilizing such programs as QRadar, Maize Analytics (Epic EMR Specific), Varonis, Proofpoint, BitDefender, Rapid7, amongst other programs
- Minimum 10 years experience in Information Security leadership roles.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of HIPAA compliance in a large healthcare organization.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension, and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
HARTZ SEARCH on LINKEDIN - https://www.linkedin.com/company/hartz-search
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge-level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.