MANAGER, BUSINESS OPERATIONS - FINANCE LEADER
FOR FACILITIES, DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
CITY OF HOPE – CANCER CENTER & CANCER RESEARCH CENTER
HARTZ Search is excited to announce a new engagement with our newest client partner, City of Hope, Cancer Center & Cancer Research Center in Southern California for a Manager, Business Operations. City of Hope is a private, not-for-profit clinical research center, hospital and graduate medical school located in Duarte, California, United States. City of Hope is best known as a cancer treatment center. It has been designated a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute and has been ranked one of the nation's Best Cancer Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for over ten years and is a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
The Manager, Business Operations is responsible for leading the overall business-related administration with a strong Finance Focus for the Facilities Design and Construction department including:
- Contract management;
- Project accounting;
- Management of key documents;
- Assessing, developing and implementing processes to improve business practices throughout the department;
- Lead process improvement efforts in the department to include project planning and execution;
- And other administrative and operational duties as required.
- The Manager provides leadership and guidance to the Project Account Coordinators (PAC), Contract Administrators (CA) and Sr. Systems Specialist ensuring timely and accurate support of the Project Managers (PM).
Ideal candidate will ensure all department processes and accounts are audit-ready and work closely with the Internal Audit division to assure compliance. The Manager will manage division support staff providing support to the department and serve as a focal point in business operations excellence among the Executive Directors and staff, Enterprise Support Services, Corporate Real Estate, Business Development, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Contract Management, consultants, contractors and vendors. Manager, Business Operations will oversee the following areas: Financial Controls, Contract Controls and Project Controls.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Significant, relevant experience may substitute.
- 6-10 years’ work experience in the construction industry; could be with a general contractor, owner-side facility construction department or architect and engineering firm.
- Skillset aligned with project and financial management of large-scale construction programs.
- Position offers competitive compensation, management incentive opportunity, relocation and benefits in outstanding mission driven organization.
City of Hope is headquartered in Duarte, California a city located in the San Gabriel Valley and 25 miles east of Los Angeles, California. San Gabriel Valley and the Los Angeles metro areas are filled with world class dining, shopping and cultural activities for everyone.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
OR Email resume to:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | firstname.lastname@example.org
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.