BAYLOR, SCOTT & WHITE MEDICAL CENTER - TEMPLE
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting growth opportunity with our client, Baylor, Scott, and White Health –Temple, TX, for a Manager of CTICU. The Manager of CTICU will be responsible for the Cardio Thoracic Intensive Care unit in this facility with Adult Level One Trauma Designation. The successful Manager, CTICU candidate, needs to uphold the strong culture of BSWH, demonstrate effective nursing leadership in a shared governance environment and deliver safe, effective, direct and indirect patient-family centered care through critical care services.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Cardio Thoracic ICU: 14 beds
- 40-50 FTE’s
- Manager, CTICU will report directly to the Director of Critical Care
- High acuity unit
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required, Masters degree preferred
- Experience: A minimum of three years of progressive nursing management experience is required.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a matrix environment built on collaboration
- Experience with cardiothoracic ICU nursing is critical for the successful candidate
- Responsible for creating and sustaining a healthy work environment for assigned nursing and unit-based personnel which fosters excellent professional nursing practice, shared decision-making, interprofessional teamwork and collaboration, and a safe and caring environment for patients, family and staff.
- Plans, develops, implements, evaluates and monitors policies and procedures, budgets and the allocation of resources, continuous quality and performance improvement initiatives, educational programs and shared governance councils to achieve departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintains current knowledge in evidence-based clinical and leadership practices, nursing research findings, patient care delivery models and work redesign to proactively identify, plan, implement, evaluate and monitor quality/performance improvement initiatives to advance practice and improve patient care.
- Systematically analyzes and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing based on a variety of indicators including, but not limited to, State and national regulatory bodies and related national benchmarks.
- Monitors the learning needs of staff and patients/families and assists in the design, implementation and evaluation of appropriate, cost-effective educational opportunities to enhance their knowledge and skills
- Improves nursing practice and the work environment through participation in shared governance and the decision-making processes, and meaningfully recognizing the contributions of others.
LOCATION – TEMPLE, TEXAS:
Temple, TX enjoys the distinction of being the demographic center of the state of Texas. With the major cities of Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio less than three hours away, it is the transportation center as well. In fact, 84 percent of the state's population is within three hours of the Temple city limits.
Temple uniquely offers the best aspects of two worlds: the conveniences of big-city dwelling with the atmosphere of a small town. A home to visionaries and dreamers who saw the fulfillment of their aspirations, Temple offers a bright future to those fortunate enough to live within this community of growth and opportunity.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!