CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER, ONCOLOGY SERVICES
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for a Clinical Nurse Manager, Oncology Services. The Clinical Nurse Manager, Oncology Services is responsible for the operations of the services under the Oncology Service line including but not limited to Medical/ Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and the Infusion Center. This position maintains responsibility for the safe and efficient operations including clinical and non-clinical operations. Familiarity with working within a regional Level I trauma center is preferred.
Our client is seeking a collaborative leader who excels at communication and relationship building with a keen eye for talent in and out of the organization. This professional will work in partnership with management and physician leaders to ensure that patient care services are aligned with the Mission, Vision and Values of JPS Health Network, and ensures that policies, procedures, and practices result in clinical, service, and operational excellence. Our client is seeking a polished and experienced, Nurse leader who is both a visionary and strategic leader, and preferably experienced with inpatient and outpatient services in Oncology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Directs all aspects of operation (i.e. administrative, business, clinical, regulatory, etc.) for assigned units under the Oncology Service line: Radiation Oncology, Medical/ Surgical Oncology and the Infusion Center.
- Establishes a solid working relationship with all key leadership including other Directors, Managers, Medical Directors, Department Chairs, Nursing leadership and others, to assure system wide integration and coordination in the clinical and non-clinical operations of all areas.
- Develops Team Leaders by defining roles/responsibilities and expectations, assigning and communicating performance and promoting professional growth and accountability. Assists leaders in communicating and aligning work priorities with the organizational vision, mission, values, and service standards.
- Partner with the Director and Medical growth initiatives with a systematic planning process. Works collaboratively with Senior Leaders to develop, implement, and support service-line leadership models for Oncology Services. Collaborates with the leadership team, working strategically to build strong programs in relation to benchmarks and standards. Leads work force initiatives.
- Directs with appropriate stakeholders to ensure compliance to American College of Surgeons accreditation, state and federal rules and regulations such as Joint Commission accreditation in addition to applicable policy development and monitoring of compliance.
- Establishes objectives and benchmarks to evaluate operational success for Oncology Services and prepare reports to inform management team of status and progress towards goals.
- Builds and supports effective relationships with and between all individuals including staff, physicians, the community, patients, families, volunteers, and colleagues to assure the delivery of safe, quality, patient care.
- Creates and sustains a culture based on trust, mutual respect, and common understanding of needs. Supports and implements process improvement activities that enhance clinical outcomes, improve patient satisfaction and improve operational efficiency to manage costs more effectively.
- Assures financial stewardship for Cancer Center for operational and capital acquisition processes. Maintains an adequate systems for internal control over financial interactions.
- Designs and oversees an organizational structure that assures effective delivery enhancing the patient family experience.
- Has oversight and directs the management and development of quality management practices that deliver effective and efficient services and ensure optimal patient outcomes. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery.
- Partners with all stakeholders with innovation in care delivery model design and develops processes that ensure patient safety and promotes a patient-centered environment with evidenced based, quality clinical practice consistent with current research, organizational and national practice standards.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, trends and advancements in the field by attending/teaching seminars or workshops, reading professional journals, maintaining appropriate licensing or certification and actively participating in professional organizations.
JPS Health Network is a $1B, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Director, Oncology Services and The Cancer Center
- Director, Cancer Center will have 3 direct reports, 45 FTE’s and $2.5M budget
- BSN required, Master’s degree in nursing, health care administration, business administration or health-related field also required
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible health care management positions.
- 1-3 years management in Oncology
- Both inpatient and outpatient experience.
- Experience working in a larger public hospital setting leading nursing departments across the board, including ER and critical care.
- Skill in communicating effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with people.
- Ability to be alert and to concentrate on many different items.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with physicians, supervisors and other hospital staff.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!