BON SECOURS MERCY HEALTH
RICHMOND MARKET PRESIDENT
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Bon Secours Mercy Health, Bon Secours Richmond for the Market President. The Richmond Market President will lead the market’s mission and purpose while executing strategy and optimizing the quality and experience of care for patients in the area. The Richmond Market President will have responsibility for Acute Care Operations, BSMH Physicians, and BSMH select networks in the market, and will locally lead senior leadership in operations, clinical, and support services, as well as manage all assets and budget allocations. The Market leader will oversee all aspects of strategic, operational, and financial performance, and lead the development and implementation of the strategic direction for the Richmond provider settings. The ideal candidate will create an environment where senior management and staff fully understand, support, and achieve specified goals and priorities – they will cultivate talent and establish a collaborative culture. The Richmond Market President demonstrates successful Board interactions through executive presence; a strong ability to meet financial targets, including operating and capital budgets; and proficient leadership talent to lead the region’s strategic five-year plan is essential to success. Our client is seeking a dynamic and operationally proficient leader with a successful track record of establishing physician alignment and successful partnerships with key stakeholders and the community.
Role Highlights & Desired Experience and Skills:
- Market President will inspire and drive excellence across 7 hospitals in the Richmond Market: responsible for over $2B in net revenue, 1255 plus beds, 4K teammates, and 1600 Providers.
- Reports directly to the Providence Group President
- Education: Required Masters; Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or related field
- Experience: ten (10) years of Significant executive-level operational experience in an integrated healthcare system
- Experience in a healthcare system with a strong matrixed organizational structure desired.
- Successful interaction with Boards and Committees of the Board to gain approval for financial targets and strategic plans.
- Seasoned at creating an environment where senior management and staff understand, support, and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated experience leading through change in a competitive landscape
- Experience negotiating and managing partnership arrangements with other health care providers (hospitals, physicians).
- Successful participation with physician relationships including recruitment, employment, and expanded employed physician networks.
LOCATION – RICHMOND, VIRGINIA:
Richmond is the capital city of the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States. Richmond has a lively art, music, and culinary scene, as well as affordable housing and outstanding schools in a growing metro market. Richmond is 90 minutes to the coast and 90 minutes to Washington, DC., and 30 minutes to historical Williamsburg. In the Richmond region, an eclectic culture has popped up through the cobblestones. Murals cover the walls of local restaurants and shops. The city has charming neighborhoods like the Fan District, which was named one of The South’s Best Neighborhoods by Southern Living. Major art museums draw national attention. Artisans share their talents in shops and markets. Food in Richmond is considered art, as well. In fact, National Geographic put Richmond on their list of the world’s -- “top 10 places to travel for food.”
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!