MANAGER, INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (ICU)
THEDACARE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER – APPLETON, WISCONSIN
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client ThedaCare in Appleton, Wisconsin for the Manager, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at the ThedaCare Regional Medical Center - Appleton. ThedaCare Regional Medical Center - Appleton is a 130-bed hospital, part of a 7-hospital, Clinically Integrated Health System. The Nurse Manager is accountable for 24/7 oversight of the day-to-day operations of the department through implementation of strategy, policy, direction, and action planning. Analyzes, develops, and implements methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services. Creates an environment that promotes the provision of patient-centered, specialized, and evidence-based nursing care across the continuum through an inter-professional approach to treatment, research, education, and advocacy. Contributes to the goals of the department and the department of nursing. Is accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing and ThedaCare policy. Is responsible for patient outcomes that meet high quality of care standards. Our client is seeking an individual with strong leadership, change management, shared governance experience and exceptional, customer service skills to lead a dynamic and busy clinical department.
- Effectively manages team members in a manner consistent with ThedaCare policies and values. Ensures the recruitment and retention of competent team members to meet the needs of the business operations of the department.
- Is accountable for daily activities and work processes that result in quality outcomes.
- Oversees and ensures accuracy of time and attendance and payroll practices.
- Assists team members in understanding how their day-to-day jobs contribute to ThedaCare strategy.
- Develops collaborative relationships with all members of the care team and departments.
- Is responsible for effective communication and appropriate escalation of clinical and operational issues to the director.
- Supports shared decision making and shared governance. Coordinates the professional nurse and other team members’ participation in decisions regarding patient care delivery, work/practice environment, and operational activities that affect daily work-flow.
- Ensures team members are properly trained and informed of procedures, policies, and processes that result in high reliability, safety, and quality outcomes.
- Supports research and innovation to promote advancement of the nursing profession and the health care environment in area of specialty. Utilizes research findings and evidence-based practice to establish standards, practices, and patient care models that are outcome-driven and patient-centered.
- Leads by example to support operations and hardwire accountability. Provides mentoring and opportunities for growth for team members to meet their professional goals.
- Manages daily staffing plan to meet productivity standards and the needs of the patient.
- Works with the director to develop action plans related to budget and budget variances. Contributes to the preparation and implementation of the annual budget. Collaborates when making decisions that have long term impact on cost-effective care.
- Is responsible for the coordination of activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e., The Joint Commission, CMS, and AHCA).
- Demonstrates, anticipates, and proactively manages risks to prevent crises
- Position reports to the Director of Nursing at ThedaCare Appleton
- 38 Full-Time Employees in the department with an Average Daily Census between 8-12
- Excellent Staffing Ratios in the Unit
- ThedaCare Appleton offers Complete Heart Care Services and is the Regional leader for Cardiovascular services
- Competitive Compensation, Benefits and Relocation Package
- Bachelor of science degree in nursing
- Five years of progressive responsibility in a healthcare setting
- Three years of leadership experience to include leading teams and/or projects
- Current Wisconsin RN license
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
Location - Appleton, WI:
The location of this opportunity is Appleton, Wisconsin. The location is a medium sized city with a population of 100K and growing, bringing small city charm with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you’d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in the Upper Midwest, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, the location is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. The community is supported by a thriving economy and several large employers, including this health system. This location offers 4 seasons, beautiful summers highlight the location, yes there are some cold winters, but the community embraces the weather and there are yearly events to attend. This location is rated as one of the Top 100 Places to Live in 2019.
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TO HARTZ SEARCH:
OR Email resume to:
Thao Rasheed | Talent Sourcer & Research Associate | HARTZ Search
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.