UNIT NURSE MANAGER – PERIOPERATIVE **2 OPPORTUNITIES**
DARTMOUTH HITCHCOCK MEDICAL CENTER
LEBANON, NEW HAMPSHIRE
HARTZ Search has been retained by our newest client, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center to conduct a nationwide search for two Unit Nurse Managers, Perioperative Services in Lebanon, New Hampshire. The Nurse Manager reports to the Director, Perioperative Services, and plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the operational, fiscal, and personnel activities to ensure the provision of high-quality, safe patient/family-centered care 24 hours a day. The new Nurse Manager will advocate for and allocate available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate nursing care.
- Nurse Manager, Operating Room – Day Shift
- Nurse Manager, Operating Room and Trauma – Night Shift with Weekend Call
The Nurse manager manages the hiring process to meet anticipated staffing needs and plans adequate staffing and adjustments in alignment with patient volume and clinical needs. The Manager evaluates and manages the performance of staff members, including coaching and the performance management processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for 520 FTEs
- 26 OR’s, 2 CVORs, 2 Endovascular Suites
- Robotics Programs
- Manages the matrix relationships, including but not limited to providing input and feedback to Nurse Educators, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Clinical Nurse Leaders assigned to the practice area, to ensure clinical competency of staff, and quality of patient/family-centered care, and professional development of clinical staff.
- Identifies opportunities for best practices and continuous improvement and oversees the implementation of such practices.
- Responsible for operationalizing best practices in team care coordination.
- Proactively accesses safety risks and promotes and models a culture of safety.
- Manages staff and processes to achieve outcomes and organizational goals in regard to clinical quality, patient safety, and patient experience.
- Manages to operational budget for the unit. Monitors patient revenues and expenses and operational expenses and provides required reports to administration.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
REPORTING & REQUIREMENTS:
- Reports directly to the Director, Perioperative Services
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) is required.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Supervisory and/or management experience required.
- 5 years of progressive responsibility within an acute care setting required.
- Must obtain and maintain clinical competencies within the assigned unit.
- Clinical or professional certification preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or higher per unit specific requirements
LOCATION - LEBANON, NEW HAMPSHIRE:
Lebanon is located in Grafton County in western New Hampshire situated on the Connecticut River in the heart of a pristine New Hampshire Valley. Together with Hanover, New Hampshire, and White River Junction, Vermont, Lebanon is at the center of a Micropolitan Statistical Area, encompassing nearly 30 towns along the upper Connecticut River Valley. The City is approximately 60 miles from Concord, the state capital; 120 miles from Boston; and 120 miles from Burlington, Vermont. Elevations range from 340 to 1336 feet above sea level.
Lebanon possesses some of the most beautiful country in the world. It is characterized by ridgelines, surrounding the bottomlands of the Mascoma and Connecticut Rivers, that are accented by a number of prominences giving Lebanon's terrain a strong, undulating form. The Mascoma River serves a dual role of linking the eastern and western ends of the City and of partitioning the north from the south. The Connecticut River serves as a landmark that defines the City limits on the west and ties the northwest section of Lebanon with the southwest corner.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!