NURSE CLINICAL MANAGER – SYSTEMS INNOVATION
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for a Clinical Nurse Manager – Systems Innovation. The RN Clinical Manager – Systems Innovation provides leadership and management to the nurse triage services and other assigned teams and is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care. This position also has advanced knowledge and skills in management of the EMR - EPIC. The RN Clinical Manager – Systems Innovation functions as a clinical resource educator, performs quality assessments to identify areas of improvement. This position evaluates and manages complex staff scheduling, provides for conflict resolution at advanced levels, and utilizes time management and efficiency of staff to maximize productivity and ensures patient safety and satisfaction. The RN Clinical Manager – Systems Innovation maintains compliance with regulatory and established nurse practice standards, identifies staff development and training needs, and serves as a liaison between staff and other areas within the network. This professional will work in partnership with management and physician leaders to ensure that patient care services are aligned with the Mission, Vision and Values of JPS Health Network, and ensures that policies, procedures, and practices result in clinical, service, and operational excellence. Our client is seeking a polished and experienced, Nurse leader who is both a visionary and strategic leader, and preferably experienced with inpatient and outpatient services in Oncology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Directs, supervises and evaluates work activities of nursing, technical, clerical, and other employees; prepares and administers departmental performance evaluations.
- Develops and implements organizational policies and procedures for the facility or department.
- Provides regular meetings and other forms of communication with reporting personnel and other affected staff members including daily huddles and/or internal customer rounding to assure awareness of operational and organization-wide issues.
- Ensures the delivery of nursing care to assigned group of patients to include education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment planning, and discharge planning utilizing the nursing process.
- Coordinates the team providing patient care and education to patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and family members.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by using multi-disciplinary team strategies.
- Serves as an expert leader by precepting and mentoring clinical staff and students.
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records for operational and clinical needs related to the patient population served.
- Facilitates staff development and adherence to standards of care, individual goal setting and development of the departmental team.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for EMR and associated clinical software and provides all levels of users and staff with consultative support and education.
- Responds in a timely fashion staff queries, maintenance, and development of optimization of EMR and telephone triage protocols.
JPS Health Network is a $1B, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Executive Director, Access & Systems Innovation
- Clinical Nurse Manager, Systems Innovation will have 12-15 Direct Reports
- BSN required and an Advanced Degree is preferred
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible health care management positions.
- 1-3 years management experience and a complete understanding of Triage Nursing Operations
- Experience working in a larger public hospital setting leading nursing departments across the board, including ER and critical care.
- Skill in communicating effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with people.
- Ability to be alert and to concentrate on many different items.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with physicians, supervisors and other hospital staff.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY TO Director to HARTZ Search below
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!