REGIONAL DIRECTOR, TRAUMA SERVICES
BAYLOR, SCOTT & WHITE – TEMPLE
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Baylor, Scott, and White Health –Temple, TX, for a Regional Director of Trauma Services covering Memorial Hospital and McLane Children’s Hospital. The Regional Director, Trauma Services will lead and support this Level One Trauma Program in the overall coordination of the Trauma System Planning, Regulatory Compliance, Performance Improvement, Injury Prevention, and Registry aspects for the adult and pediatric trauma centers in the Temple region.
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating necessary strategic planning, marketing, evaluating, and promoting their home trauma centers programing.
- In collaboration with the Trauma System Administrator, responsible for developing systems/processes to evaluate, maintain, and integrate all trauma programs within the region.
- These responsibilities include, but are not limited to the Clinical, Information Systems, Performance Improvement, Financial, Education, Marketing, and Personnel Development.
- Remains current and actively involved in keeping up to date with DSHS designation and ACS COT verification standard changes.
- Assists the Trauma System Administrator in evaluating the care rendered to trauma patients through current and retrospective performance improvement processes.
- Supports the Trauma System Administrator with the maintenance and compliance of trauma registries at each trauma center to ensure compliance and reliability of the data submitted to the NTDB and the State Trauma registry.
- Actively participates and represents Baylor Scott and White Healthcare at regional, state, and national trauma program events/activities to include but not limited to; regional RAC committee meetings, quarterly TTCF, TETAF, and DSHS GETAC meetings, Texas TQIP meetings, ACS TQIP program, and annual meetings. Representation at national conferences for trauma nurses (Society of Trauma Nurses) and trauma surgeons (EAST, WEST, or AAST) as requested by the Trauma System Administrator.
- In collaboration with the Trauma System Medical Director and Trauma System Administrator, this role will assist regional hospital trauma program team members with the completion of the application for trauma survey and preparation for DSHS designation and/or ACS-COT verification trauma survey.
- In collaboration with the Trauma System Administrator, assists with developing a trauma educational plan for all regional health care professionals involved in trauma care, internally, locally, and nationally.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing is required. Master’s Degree Required; MSN preferred
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of progressive nursing management experience is, minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a trauma program leadership role and Level One Trauma experience is required.
- Certification: Must have either a current BLS, ACLS, PALS, or current ENPC certification and current ATCN or TNCC certification
- Regular travel in the region is required.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a matrix environment built on collaboration
- Position has oversight for Forensic Nursing.
- The incumbent will have significant involvement with the Systemwide anti-Human Trafficking Council and multiple other Systemwide Councils.
- The organization is currently supporting approximately 40 Trauma-related Research Studies.
LOCATION – TEMPLE, TEXAS:
Temple, TX enjoys the distinction of being the demographic center of the state of Texas. With the major cities of Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio less than three hours away, it is the transportation center as well. In fact, 84 percent of the state's population is within three hours of the Temple city limits.
Temple uniquely offers the best aspects of two worlds: the conveniences of big-city dwelling with the atmosphere of a small town. A home to visionaries and dreamers who saw the fulfillment of their aspirations, Temple offers a bright future to those fortunate enough to live within this community of growth and opportunity.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!