SENIOR DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Essentia Health for a Senior Director of Operations, reporting directly to the Administrator of Essentia Health with a dotted line reporting relationship with the Senior Executive, Primary Care Operations. The Senior Director of Operations is responsible for the effective operations of all inpatient clinics, Ambulatory clinics and Provider based services in the Arrowhead Market. The new leader will identify, initiate, and organize opportunities to improve service and quality, with responsibility for effective fiscal management, including planning and budgeting. The effective leader will translates institutional vision and strategic plan to meaningful and effective operational goals and objectives. The Senior Director will act as a generator, facilitator, and champion of new ideas, corporate wide strategic initiatives and the leveraging of the shared services group at Essentia Health. The new Senior Director, Operations will also have oversight of the Ambulatory Specialty Services for the Arrowhead Market and work with teams across the system collaboratively. The ideal leader will assists physicians and staff in developing leadership and managerial skills, and improve on the positive momentum in the market. The Senior Director, Operations will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to implement the 2022 strategic plan, drive physician recruitment across the market and be a visible leader in the communities they serve.
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 2,100 physicians and advanced practitioners. Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of Quality, Hospitality, Respect, Joy, Justice, Stewardship, and Teamwork. The organization lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 14 hospitals, 71 clinics, six long-term care facilities, three assisted living facilities, three independent living facilities, five ambulance services, and one research institute.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position reports to Administrator with a dotted line reporting relationship with the Executive Responsible for Primary Care.
- 8 Direct Reports, 90 FTE’s (subject to change and not including providers), 60 providers and responsibility for a budget of $144M
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field. A masters’ degree is required within 3 years of hire or transfer.
- Experience: 10 years of appliable experience and 5 years relevant experience in a healthcare administrative role.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of external issues and market trends, including reimbursement and legislative changes and alternate delivery models.
- Works directly with teams across the system collaboratively.
- Participates in and is responsible for strategic planning decisions.
- Leads toward the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate competencies in leadership, management, operations, and communications.
- Operational experience must include demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciples (i.e. physician, administrative, supervisor, shared services, and staff)
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!