SENIOR DIRECTOR, PERIOPERATIVE & TRAUMA SERVICES
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, AN LCMC HEALTH FACILITY
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, University Medical Center, an LCMC Health hospital for a Senior Director, Perioperative & Trauma Services. University Medical Center is an Academic Medical Center with 446-licensed bed, Level I Trauma Center and affiliated with LSU Health New Orleans and Tulane University School of Medicine. Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Senior Director of Perioperative Trauma Services, in collaboration with the Physician Chair of Surgery leads Perioperative Services for a Level 1 Trauma Center. The Senior Director has 24/7 operational responsibility and administrative oversight for the OR’s, PACU, PAT, One Day Stay, GI/Endoscopy, and Sterile Processing.
The Senior Director directs and evaluates the clinical, administrative and educational activities of personnel on assigned unit for all shifts. Assures quality standards are implemented and maintained. Participates in the development of goals, policies, procedures, and budgets for Perioperative Trauma Services and ensures appropriate staffing, supplies and equipment, and physician relations. The Senior Director leads the capital budget planning in the assigned areas. Monitors metrics to validate performance against national, system, and hospital benchmarks and to ensure delivery of competent clinical practice is achieved. Directs and oversees program development, performance management, personnel activities, budget, and the provision of services. Works to ensure effective physician and staff relations.
Louisiana Children's Medical Center Health (LCMC Health) is a nonprofit network of healthcare providers in Southern Louisiana, based out of New Orleans. Members include academic centers, acute care facilities, and research hospitals.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business, Health Administration or Public Policy is required.
- Required: 5 years of perioperative nursing management experience. 7-10 years’ experience preferred; experience in a Level 1 or 2 Trauma Center, preferred.
- Minimum Required: Registered Nurse. BLS.
- Certification in leadership, management, or clinical specialty – CNOR or AORN, CNE
- Senior Director, Perioperative & Trauma Services will report to the Chief Nursing Officer
- 5 Direct Reports and 240 FTE’s
- 19 Operating Rooms, 1 Outpatient Surgery Center – 5 OR’s = 11K surgeries
- Open Heart Program and Level I Trauma Center – 5 Trauma Rooms
- EPIC EMR
- Competitive Compensation, relocation and benefits package offered
LOCATION - NEW ORLEANS, LA:
New Orleans is world-renowned for its distinctive music, Creole cuisine, unique dialects, and its annual celebrations and festivals, most notably Mardi Gras. The historic heart of the city is the French Quarter, known for its French and Spanish Creole architecture and vibrant nightlife along Bourbon Street. The city has been described as the "most unique" in the United States, owing in large part to its cross-cultural and multilingual heritage. Additionally, New Orleans has increasingly been known as "Hollywood South" due to its prominent role in the film industry and in pop culture. New Orleans is home to the NFL World Champions the New Orleans Saints and the NBA team New Orleans Pelicans. New Orleans is home to a thriving medical community and international airport.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!