SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER
East Region – Surgical/ Procedure
HYBRID ROLE – Mix of Remote and On-site
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting role with our newest client, Essentia Health, based in Duluth, MN for the Senior Human Resource Business Partner (Sr. HRBP). This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, they will own programs that run across the broader HR team. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience. To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations. This role is about being part of an HR organization that operates as a business, starts with the customers and works backward to deliver meaningful products to Essentia business. The ideal candidate will have a strong financial and operational acumen, be a self-starter and collaborator across all areas of HR, Operations, Shared Corporate Services, Clinical and Ambulatory Services.
Success in this role will require influential partnership with middle and senior management within the organization to execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the organization as it grows. Additionally, the individual in this role is accountable for partnering with leadership to teach, coach, and cultivate our culture by ensuring the Essentia Health Leadership Competencies are taught, lived, and integrated in each component of the talent system.
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 13,800 employees, including more than 2,100 physicians and advanced practitioners. Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of Quality, Hospitality, Respect, Joy, Justice, Stewardship, and Teamwork. The organization lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 14 hospitals, 71 clinics, six long-term care facilities, three assisted living facilities, three independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position reports to Senior HR BP Services – Senior Manager
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Education and/or related field required. Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience: A minimum of eight years of experience in the field of leadership and organization development with at least three to five years in a leadership role is preferred (no current direct reports to this role).
- Experience in supporting Surgical & Procedural Departments and Leaders: Surgical, Urology, ENT, Cardiology, Neurosurgery and Ortho
- Intrapreneurial spirit and innovative drive
- A decisive and collaborative style that matches the speed of change and culture of the organization
- High idea generation wrapped with an executional bias
- Demonstrated experience in leadership development, performance management, succession planning, diversity & inclusion
- A consultative, relationship-building approach and experience engaging and partnering at all levels
- Strong change and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking talent management programming success
- Track record of success in leading high-performing, diverse advisory councils managing programs/processes to develop capabilities across an enterprise (preferred)
Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to understand business goals as well as design and implement new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the organization
- The desire and ability to be an influential and credible senior HR leader within the team, including setting the tone, agenda, and direction of the HR team and providing the necessary support, follow up, and leadership to ensure the team achieves desired results
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle and applies that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
- A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Operates with autonomy and discretion, a true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Act as change agent to business through process design and approaches that support change and transformation
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions; programs and policies.
- Provide day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; and organizational design consultation
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Ability to support a 24/7 environment that has multiple shifts
LOCATION – DULUTH, MINNESOTA:
Duluth, MN is situated on the north shore of Lake Superior at the westernmost point of the Great Lakes, Duluth is the largest metropolitan area on the lake and is accessible to the Atlantic Ocean 2,300 miles away via the Great Lakes Waterway and St. Lawrence Seaway. The Port of Duluth is the world's farthest inland port accessible to oceangoing ships, and by far the largest and busiest port on the Great Lakes. Duluth is a port city on Lake Superior in Minnesota with an architecturally stunning downtown, trendy lakeside neighborhoods and outdoor adventures around every turn, it's no secret why Duluth is one of Minnesota's most popular tourist destinations.
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED CANDIDATES - APPLY DIRECTLY TO HARTZ SEARCH: