SENIOR MANAGER of DESIGN - Facilities, Design & Construction
CITY OF HOPE – CANCER CENTER & CANCER RESEARCH CENTER
HARTZ Search is excited to announce a newly created role with our client partner, City of Hope, Cancer Center & Cancer Research Center in Southern California for a Senior Manager of Design. This role is integral to the Facilities, Design & Construction department and the additiona role was created to accommodate the need.
City of Hope is a private, not-for-profit clinical research center, hospital and graduate medical school located in Duarte, California, United States. City of Hope is best known as a cancer treatment center. It has been designated a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute and has been ranked one of the nation's Best Cancer Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for over ten years and is a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
The Senior Manager, Design conducts and manages planning and design development of all facilities activities at City of Hope. The Senior Manager supports and informs the work of the Director of Facilities Planning & Design, the Facilities Design & Construction (FD&C) leadership, and project managers during the planning and design phases of projects, contracted consultants, project design teams and COH campus planning managers to ensure that projects are formulated correctly to meet the needs of the organization and designed to perform consistently with the facility requirements.
- Our client seeks a candidate with sound problem-solving, decision-making and business analysis skills, partnered with excellent communication skills and abilities to prepare and perform presentations to executives and internal customers are required.
- Assists the Director in managing a construction program in excess of $100 million dollars annually with individual projects valued up to $500 million.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in facilities development to include the following: Architecture, Design, Construction Support, Interiors, Branding, and Space Planning
- Experience working as part of a team and supporting an environment of continuous learning and development
- Experience with CAD and CAFM software, such as AutoCAD, is preferred
- Experience in real estate development, space planning, building design, construction and renovation, and industrial and governmental regulations, and LEED accreditation preferred
- Must have strong budgetary skills and work well with external vendors
- AIA or professional licensure
- Strong architecture and design acumen with intense focus around alignment with branding and culture.
- Competitive Compensation, benefits, management incentive program, relocation offered
LOCATION - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA:
City of Hope is headquartered in Duarte, California a city located in the San Gabriel Valley and 25 miles east of Los Angeles, California. San Gabriel Valley and the Los Angeles metro areas are filled with world class dining, shopping and cultural activities for everyone.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
OR Email resume to:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | email@example.com
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.