SENIOR MANAGER, TALENT MOBILITY & PERFORMANCE
Role is fully REMOTE - Virtual
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting and inaugural position with our newest client, Essentia Health, based in Duluth, MN for the Senior Manager, Talent Mobility & Performance. The inaugural role of Senior Manager, Talent Mobility & Performance will partner with senior leadership, HR leaders including Organizational Learning & Development, HRIS, HR Business Partners and other system leaders to develop the talent mobility and performance strategies that align with our system priorities and talent philosophy. You will be the champion of the talent mobility space making a healthy difference in people’s lives by leading the design, implementation and evaluation of talent mobility strategies to include performance and development discussion initiatives, succession planning processes, career pathing and collaborating on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programming to enhance organizational effectiveness and performance.
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. Headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 13,800 employees, including more than 2,100 physicians and advanced practitioners. Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of Quality, Hospitality, Respect, Joy, Justice, Stewardship, and Teamwork. The organization lives out its mission by having a patient-centered focus at 14 hospitals, 71 clinics, six long-term care facilities, three assisted living facilities, three independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Position reports to Vice President, Talent Management
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Education and/or related field required. Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience: A minimum of eight years of experience in the field of leadership and organization development with at least three to five years in a leadership role is preferred (no current direct reports to this role).
- Intrapreneurial spirit and innovative drive
- Decisive and collaborative style that matches the speed of change and culture of the organization
- High idea generation wrapped with an executional bias
- Demonstrated experience in leadership development, performance management, succession planning, diversity & inclusion
- A consultative, relationship-building approach and experience engaging and partnering at all levels
- Strong change and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking talent management programming success
- Track record of success in leading high-performing, diverse advisory councils managing programs/processes to develop capabilities across an enterprise (preferred)
- Champion and change leader focused on generating and advancing performance and internal mobility vision with VP Talent Management, Compensation, Human Resources colleagues and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Align organizational strategy with talent strategy, develop and activate workforce plans to achieve organizational growth & performance metrics.
- Establish cutting edge development and evolve performance approach that engage and motivate performance through engagement.
- Align internal mobility processes and skills forecasting to other talent cycle processes – acquisition, development, learning, compensation for cohesion and maximum impact
- Create internal mobility processes, and identify and optimize tools within Workday with HRIS partners including strategies to identify top talent, cultivate them for promotion and create strong pipeline programs for vital roles
- Partner with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to develop career programs, talent practices, and internal mobility processes that make a strategic connection between diversity and inclusion and organizational success
- Manage the design of cutting-edge experiences and develop and manage a portfolio of talent solutions that prepare leaders for critical positions across Essentia Health in partnership with Organizational Learning and Development and Talent Acquisition.
- Actively manage key talent pools, ensuring development plans and actions are in place and progressing, collaborating with the HRBPs.
- Tie performance management with talent planning and career development to create a holistic approach to performance improvement
- Optimize the onboarding post General Orientation to include New Leader Onboarding in collaboration with other HR stakeholders and leaders.
- Develop innovative strategies using research in the latest trends on the future of work and internal mobility and talent marketplace mentality to drive performance and business continuity via healthy leader pipelines.
- Evaluate our culture and current approach to performance management and development and influence and integrate with system approach given our shift away from a formal performance review.
- Use business metrics, talent metrics, and learning data to track, trend, and manage impact of development efforts.
LOCATION – DULUTH, MINNESOTA:
Duluth, MN is situated on the north shore of Lake Superior at the westernmost point of the Great Lakes, Duluth is the largest metropolitan area on the lake and is accessible to the Atlantic Ocean 2,300 miles away via the Great Lakes Waterway and St. Lawrence Seaway. The Port of Duluth is the world's farthest inland port accessible to oceangoing ships, and by far the largest and busiest port on the Great Lakes. Duluth is a port city on Lake Superior in Minnesota with an architecturally stunning downtown, trendy lakeside neighborhoods and outdoor adventures around every turn, it's no secret why Duluth is one of Minnesota's most popular tourist destinations.
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED CANDIDATES - APPLY DIRECTLY TO HARTZ SEARCH:
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge-level service throughout each executive and Director level search we conduct.