SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Construction
RYAN HUGHES DESIGN|BUILD
TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an outstanding opportunity as a Senior Project Manager, for our growing client, a World-Class Outdoor Living Design and Build firm – Ryan Hughes Design|Build. A second-generation company reborn for the 21st century, Ryan Hughes Design|Build brings a fresh perspective to outdoor living with creatively infused comprehensive services. The firm’s scope encompasses everything outside the walls of the home, from the hardscape to landscape, right down to the outdoor furniture and accessories. Ryan Hughes Design|Build is a licensed pool contractor, complemented by landscape design and architecture services available to an international clientele.
Ryan Hughes Design|Build is revolutionizing the industry with exhaustive services that address both the science and art of outdoor design – Exceptional Outdoor Living Spaces, Custom Pools and Spas, Innovative Fire and Water Features, and Signature Landscapes. Our client, Ryan Hughes, delivers outdoor spaces that capture your design vision and an intimacy with the surrounding natural elements to create the ultimate in outdoor getaway and gathering places. Outdoor Living is “Redefined” as the Ryan Hughes Design team’s expert knowledge of the finest outdoor elements and years of design-build experience come together in an innovative and one-of-a-kind outdoor living space just for you.
Ryan has been working diligently for 20 years to become the expert in the field of luxury swimming pools and outdoor living. He has won over 150 national and international awards, as well as published in numerous magazines and other publications. Ryan has been featured on HGTV and the Wall Street Journal for his innovative design, engineering, and construction. He has recently become an instructor at Genesis3, one of the world’s leading organizations for the education of swimming pools and outdoor living. These accomplishments are currently generating an overwhelming amount of leads creating massive opportunities for growth and success.
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager to manage all project activities from design-build contract execution through closeout including: design, permitting, construction and closeout. The primary focus of this role is to provide exemplary concierge services to all assigned clients throughout the design, permitting, construction and closeout process. The Senior Project Manager will partner with design, construction and accounting teams for profitable and timely execution of all assignments.
- Provide exemplary concierge services to deliver best-in-class project experiences through professional and consistent communication with all assigned clients and partnering with internal resources
- Manage all project activities from design-build contract execution through closeout including: design, permitting, construction and closeout
- Participate in Project Turnover Meeting and assume responsibility for all direct/indirect client communication, including:
- Weekly Progress Updates
- Scheduling of Material and Furniture Selection Meetings
- Change Orders
- Review final estimate and perform take-off to confirm quantities
- Review schedule and make adjustments as necessary, maintain schedule until Project Turnover Meeting to Construction
- Prepare agenda and all necessary materials for, and lead the Project Handoff Meeting to Construction
- Research and assemble all permit applications necessary for the project and confirm that the design scope is sufficient to submit complete and timely permit packages
- Perform material and subcontractor buyout within timelines necessary to complete the project per the established schedule
- Work directly with accounting to ensure that construction invoices and change orders are properly managed
- Perform weekly site visits with Superintendent to ensure construction progress and quality meet RHDB standards, including Design Review Visits at established milestones
- Estimate and create Client Change Orders as necessary
- Delivers all necessary manuals to the owner, and ensures that all project documentation and files are consolidated according to company policy
- Mentor project managers, superintendents and purchasing agents to improve overall personnel knowledge and experience
- Utilize Procore to its fullest extent to complete project tasks
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering.
- At least ten (10) years of project management in the construction industry, preferably within high-end residential and/or commercial projects.
- Must possess excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening. These skills may be used when communicating with clients, coordinating projects, resolving conflict, attending meetings, training, developing relationships with vendors and subcontractors, or presenting information.
- Reasoning skills must be well developed to objectively assist with issues and to present results accurately, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall company strategy.
- Must be able to read construction documents.
- Professional and competent communication skills
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative.
- Able to quickly study and react to complex issues
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Accounting Skillset
- Upholding philosophy of Design-Build
- Procore, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam and Excel
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search: