SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT - CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for an SVP, CHRO. The SVP, CHRO is the lead the Human Resources Executive for the growing and award-winning JPS Health Network. The SVP, HR & Learning will drive the People Pillar of the JPS Strategic goals with the foundation of attracting, retaining and developing the workforce to drive quality patient care and being identified as an Employer of Choice.
The HR Executive provides leadership and strategic direction for the acquisition, development and retention of human capital throughout JPS Health Network; leads the development, implementation and communication of systems, policies and processes for managing the system-wide workforce. Responsible for developing a system-wide philosophy for sourcing, incorporating and rewarding employees who have the knowledge and skills required to provide quality patient care as well as operational infrastructure support to maintain 24/7 operations. Responsible for building and promoting a system-wide culture characterized by a strong sense of mission, that values and respects diversity, that is committed to the provision of quality customer service, operational/clinical excellence and personal accountability.
Our client is seeking a polished and experienced, HR Executive who is both a visionary and strategic leader an individual who will have experience in driving performance through technology, innovation and analytics. The ideal candidate will have the expertise and knowledge to accelerate the networks adoption of technology to drive efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Acts as a leader in collaborating, integrating, facilitating and evaluating the administration of human, financial and environmental resources of the network to provide optimal services to Tarrant County.
- Assists the executive leadership team with strategic planning for the organization by identifying program development opportunities or changes, using sound cost effective judgment, and introducing creative ways to increase JPS’ market share
- Assists the executive team in defining and transitioning the organizational culture toward improved outcomes by driving change to a system-wide culture characterized by a strong sense of mission, vision and values, a commitment to customer service, operational/clinical excellence, mutual accountability, collaboration, and an all-encompassing commitment to partnering with others to promote an environment which embraces diversity.
- Assures that HR practices are consistent with current research and professional standards, and with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Consults with and advises the Senior Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer on problems and barriers relating to organizational operations.
- Demonstrates a positive management style that promotes and supports innovative approaches to quality and performance improvement in patient care and business services.
- Develops policies and procedures that promote best practices, are consistent with the organizational mission, vision and values, and are in compliance with federal, state and local laws and the standards of regulatory agencies.
- Directs or conducts recruitment, hiring and training of employees.
- Directs, supervises and evaluates work activities of HR employees.
- Establishes objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for units managed.
- Adhere to JPS Standard of Behaviors.
- Adhere to JPS Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA policies/procedures.
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- SVP, CHRO will have 7 Direct Reports; subject to change
- Masters’ degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources, Human Relations, Business or Finance.
- Ten plus years of diverse human resource experience with ten or more years in a progressively responsible management position.
- Management experience in a health care-related organization or teaching hospital.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with physicians, supervisors and other hospital staff.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive plan, pension and excellent benefits
LOCATION – FORT WORTH
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.