VICE PRESIDENT, ANCILLARY SERVICES
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for a VICE PRESIDENT, ANCILLARY SERVICES. The VP, Ancillary Services, is responsible for the strategic and operational performance of the JPS Health Network’s ancillary services departments (Laboratory, Radiology, PT/OT and Pharmacy) and their associated functions. Accountable for oversight of all regulatory, fiduciary and safety activities; development of improvement strategies by evaluating trends and established measurements; determining productivity; designing programs and procedures; resolving problems; implementing change and serving in a mentorship capacity for members of the Network and leadership team. This role will oversee the ancillary departments within the hospital as well as in outpatient centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Oversees all functional area of ancillary departments, including but not limited to, Inpatient and Outpatient Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Pharmacy services. Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the activities of Ancillary Services and their operations.
- Leads the planning, implementation and evaluation of new and expanded ancillary programs and service lines ensuring appropriate resources for the delivery of care. Develop excellent medical and clinical staff relationships and maintains knowledge of all legal requirements in areas of responsibility. Ensures compliance with company policies and local, regional and federal regulations.
- Provide strategic direction and management over multiple departments plus engage in wide improvement initiatives and more focused guidance, strategic planning and support to key stakeholders on operational improvement efforts and management of projects.
- Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the delivery of patient care and the discipline of Ancillary Services across all patient care settings. Directs and collaborates on the implementation of strategies. In collaboration with other executive leadership, participates in strategic planning, development, implementation and evaluation of clinical programs and services, assuring appropriate resources for the delivery of care.
- Identifies opportunities for development of new ancillary approaches and prepares proposals with cost analysis, IT requirements, educational needs and implementation plan to be presented for network-wide implementation.
- Assures that the patient care delivery models, clinical and staffing standards for Ancillary Services are consistent with current research and professional standards and with the mission, vision and values of JPS Health Network.
- Promotes and fosters a multidisciplinary approach to patient care and the coordination of care among disciplines.
- Develops and implements monitoring processes to ensure that each department’s performance is consistent with the JPS Health Network metrics-based management performance system. Ensures that strategies and processes exist to maximize financial resource management, including development and achievement of financial performance objectives. Prepares and monitors annual budget to ensure appropriate performance against objectives.
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This is award winning network anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
- The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will have 5 Direct Reports under the supervision of the VP, Ancillary Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration or other related discipline from an accredited university. Masters Degree Preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years of healthcare leadership experience with multi-department responsibilities.
- Current licensure in Laboratory, Radiology or Pharmacy in the State of Texas.
- Five (5) years progressive experience in senior management leadership.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a matrixed
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, time management, change management, performance improvement and project management
- Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, critical thinking and managing multiple competing priorities and understanding team
- Demonstrated leadership approach to coach and develop leaders, focus on process/systems and regular interaction with staff to remove barriers that prevent achievement of organizational
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS:
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.