VICE PRESIDENT, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK in Fort Worth, Texas, for a VICE PRESIDENT, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT. The VP, Facilities Management, is responsible for ensuring JPS Health Network facilities effectively and efficiently support operational, administrative and clinical requirements. This role provides recommendations for strategic planning, general management and professional direction for facilities-related functions for all JPS Health Network locations. The Vice President will also provide strategic direction for all major facility projects and direct day-to-day operations to ensure long term durability of the JPS Health Network facilities. Our client is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and transformational, servant leadership style.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ FUNCTIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- Oversees all functional areas of Facilities Management for main hospital campus and Community Health facilities/clinics. Areas of responsibility include, but not limited to, facilities, plant ops, environmental services, food services and security. Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the activities of Facilities Management function which are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems and grounds of JPS Health Network in an operative and safe working condition.
- Design and execute an effective system of internal controls which provide reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial and other management information is reliable and compliance is maintained with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that capital project management processes enable JPS Health Network to complete projects on time and within budget. Effectively protect Network interests in capital projects and, working collaboratively with key stakeholders, ensure appropriate fiscal controls for capital projects.
- Develop and implement a set of policies and decision making processes for short and long term space allocation that are fully integrated into the strategic plan.
- Evaluate existing facilities and advise of future uses of facilities by providing architectural and interior design services. Establish priorities for major maintenance projects, construction, renovations and make recommendations for improvements in physical facilities at all JPS Health Network locations.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, manage the regulatory, environmental, community and governmental issues to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations affecting physical facilities. Direct and participate in studies related to land use and vehicle/pedestrian movement. Recommend placement of buildings and layout of walkways, streets and parking lots in conjunction with external consultants. Promote environmentally innovative and financially sound construction and facilities management practices.
- Develop and update project schedules for both pre-construction and construction activities. Manage materials, labor and procurement logs to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet the project schedule. Coordinate the various stakeholders of the various projects including, but not limited to, subcontractors, design team, vendors and management. Identify potential schedule impacts including scope, weather, manpower and changes. Facilitation mitigation plans for these impacts.
- Provide appropriate written documentation for decisions affecting various aspects of the project such as submittals, bid packages, contracts, invoices, change orders, billing forecasts, budget, schedule, legal, quality and/or safety. Provide regular reporting and analysis to senior leadership and project teams to communicate overall project status.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This is award winning network anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of 2017 Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
- The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will have 6 Direct Reports & 554 FTE’s under the supervision of the VP, Facilities Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, business administration or related field – Advanced Degree Preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years of leadership experience in engineering and facilities areas.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in TJC/CMS requirements, building codes, State Fire Marshal and Health Department regulations.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience with construction project delivery methods, including working with architectural, engineering and construction management consultants.
- Five years’ experience managing major construction projects.
- JPS Health Network has 3M sq. ft of property and 49 buildings in the health network.
LOCATION – FORT WORTH, TEXAS
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
Email resume to:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | email@example.com