VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE & SUPPLY CHAIN
JPS HEALTH NETWORK
FORT WORTH, TEXAS
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting new opportunity with our client, JPS HEALTH NETWORK for a Vice President, Finance & Supply Chain. The Vice President Finance and Supply Chain will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, records, procedures and financial strategic plan for JPS Health Network. This position will be the strategic and tactical leader for financial initiatives across JPS Health Network and will coordinates the development and implementation of operating and capital budgets, safeguards assets, and implement the financial policies and procedures for all JPS entities. This role provides leadership to the functions of general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, supply chain, budgeting, decision support, reimbursement, investments, non-patient receivables, daily cash management, tax management, financial reporting, and intercompany transactions and general contract oversight. This position will coordinate operations with other hospital departments, medical staff, and other related entities. Coordinates the JPS Acclaim & Foundation consolidated financial statements and the audited financial statement process. This position will coordinate operations with other hospital departments, medical staff, and other related entities. Coordinates the JPS Hospital, Acclaim Physicians and JPS Foundation consolidated financial statements and the audited financial statement process. Our client is seeking a dynamic, results oriented leader with excellent communication skills and transformational, servant leadership style.
RECENT AWARDS FOR JPS HEALTH NETWORK:
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. This award-winning network is anchored by John Peter Smith Hospital, which is a 573-bed acute care in Fort Worth, Texas. JPS has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Tarrant County and the county’s only psychiatric emergency services site. JPS is also a certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited American College of Surgery Cancer Center. JPS has a Level lll Neonatal Intensive Care Center (NICU). JPS Health Network received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2017 designation placing JPS among the top 150 healthcare companies in the nation. JPS is the only public entity in Texas included on the list of Best Places to Work, one of the most coveted honors in the industry.
POSITION DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- The position reports to the Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- 5 Direct Reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years hospital finance administration experience in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of seven (7) years leadership experience.
- CPA Highly Preferred
- Current knowledge of GAAP, GASB and Federal, State and local laws and regulations and their implication and impact on the Network must be maintained.
- Highly skilled in network-based, computer applications including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, data bases and word processing.
- Competitive Compensation, Annual Incentive Plan, outstanding benefits and Long term Incentive plan and relocation
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Champion who provides leadership for the development and implementation of JPS Health Network’s financial strategic plan, the annual operating budget (includes statistical, FTE, expense, revenue, capital, and cash budgets) and related budgeted financial statements consistent with JPS budget guidelines.
- Monitors the financial performance and financial position of JPS to identify variances and key trends that affect financial viability as well as reviews key financial and utilization discrepancies with senior management and other stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains a margin improvement program focused on improving the operating performance. Establishes objectives for managing supply chain cost improvement activities.
- Maintains a long-term financial plan and a financial statement projection that supports the JPS strategic plan.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and disbursement of funds (payments) owed to vendors for goods or services. Assures that proper protocol exist for authorization of such transactions in regards to district policy, dollar limits, budget requirements, internal control, and other criteria.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of cost reports and other necessary information for third party reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid. Directly oversees the reporting and accuracy of payments from programs including Disproportionate Share (DSH), Upper Payment Limit, medical education, and other governmental sources.
- Responsible for all procurement activities within the system, purchasing/contract compliance, invesntory management, asset disposal, vendor relationship and supply chain process and policy.
- Responsible for serving as an investment officer and assuring investment practices are consistent with the investment policy and Public Funds Investment Act requirements.
- Assures compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies. Prepares and files federal, state, hospital association, third party, rating agency, and other financial reports as required.
- Directs and provides oversight to external auditors on completion of annual financial audits of JPS. Directly reviews and monitors corrective action plans regarding management letter and other recommendations for improving and/or correcting deficiencies in accounting hospital control procedures.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions to maximize return on short-term cash and effectiveness of cash management activities. This includes maximizing fraud prevention efforts.
- Works with SEVP/CFO to expand specialized expertise and implement best practice operating standards. Coordinates activities in the areas of reimbursement, cost reporting, tax compliance, treasury management, and regulatory compliance as required. Assists in developing standard training programs for financial staff where common operational training needs are identified.
- Actively participates in development and implementation of general JPS policies affecting patients, visitors, and associates.
- Provides oversight to Professional Services and Intercompany agreements and contract requests and compliance.
- Assures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies for all departments under the scope of authority of this position.
- Assists the compliance officer in the assessment, correction, implementation, and enforcement of fraud and abuse issues related to the JPS corporate compliance program.
- Communicates directly with external auditors, third party payors and other external entities in regards to financial matters and/or new processing procedures.
- Keeps abreast of up-to-date accounting and applicable reimbursement changes. Makes changes or recommends alternatives to enhance the hospital’s financial position and/or to support the hospital’s fiduciary responsibility. Performs analyses and recommends enhancements to existing systems and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
LOCATION – FORT WORTH
Fort Worth is the 15th-largest city in the United States and part of the No. 1 tourist destination in Texas, welcoming more than 9.1 million visitors annually. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts, each distinct offering dining, shopping, entertainment, and cultural amenities. In only a few days, you can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding. Fort Worth offers outstanding education, both public and private, affordable housing options, and you are less than 20 miles from one of the world’s largest airports with direct flights all over the world.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY TO HARTZ Search:
HARTZ SEARCH on LINKEDIN - https://www.linkedin.com/company/hartz-search
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.