Vice President, Managed Care
ThedaCare – Appleton, Wisconsin
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our newest client, ThedaCare for the Vice President, Managed Care for the health system. The new VP, Managed Care leader is an innovator who will promote, support and lead payer contracts across all ThedaCare service lines, advancing enterprise initiatives and integration, managing payer relationships pertaining to payer contracts, and providing leadership to department staff providing contract support. The VP will develop ThedaCare’s network and execute the strategic course for the company in areas such as delivery system, healthcare reform, and strategic pricing approaches for commercial payers.
- Leadership of the ThedaCare Accountable Care Organization (ACO) to improve performance on the elements of the triple aim consisting of total cost of care management, quality outcomes and patient experience for our customers; employers and patients. Current membership access in Northeast Wisconsin exceeds 600,000 lives.
- Oversight and leadership of our system value-based payment transition to ensure focus on improved cost and performance for our customers while establishing payment mechanisms that reward our system and our providers for our achievements. Current attributed lives exceed 125,000 in risk sharing programs and ranked as a top national performer in Pioneer and Next Gen programs.
- Providing leadership for our Payer contracting efforts to build upon our external relationships with Commercial and Government payers in order to maximize our reimbursement opportunities.
- Building programs and providing leadership through ThedaCare at Work as the external face of the organization for our Employer and Community customers in order to improve the health and well-being of an employee population, manage total cost of care, increase appropriate utilization of system services while increasing market share.
- Building strategic relationships and partnership with our providers, employed and independent, through Provider Strategies/Relations and the ACO to work as a team in order to provide improved value to our customers and a competitive differentiation positioning us as the system of choice.
- Oversight and leadership for Premium Healthcare, Inc. (PHI), our Physician Hospital Organization (PHO) partnership which represents ThedaCare and all participating providers in a contracting vehicle to establish relationships with Payers and gain access to additional membership. Current membership access exceeds 150,000 lives.
- Providing executive leadership and developing strategic relationships with key partners like HealthPartners in order to introduce new products in the market while positioning ThedaCare to increase volumes and revenue.
- Identify and evaluate new market opportunities that lead to growth potential for ThedaCare and our physician partners.
- Master’s level education in healthcare or business management is considered ideal. Actual management experience will be considered more important than formal education.
- Demonstrated competence in delivery system and managed care environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial, strategic planning, human resources and information technology issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ThedaCare Improvement System, safety, process improvement, quality assurance, and care management principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Direct line management experience. The ideal candidate will have managed start-ups, turnarounds and managing physician performance for several years and through challenging circumstances.
ThedaCare is located in Appleton, Wisconsin, which is a medium sized city with a population of 100K and growing, bringing small city charm with tons of great amenities and almost none of the headaches you’d find in a big city. One of the safest cities in Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest, with a low cost of living and a growing entertainment and food scene, the location is increasingly appealing to young families and young professionals. Appleton is supported by a thriving economy and several large employers, including this health system. This location offers 4 seasons, beautiful summers highlight the location, yes there are some cold winters, but the community embraces the weather and there are yearly events to attend. Appleton is rated as one of the Top 100 Places to Live in 2019.
Follow the link below:
OR Email resume to:
Mike Hartz, President & CEO
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.