VICE PRESIDENT, PERIOPERATIVE & INTERVENTIONAL SERVICES
CHESHIRE MEDICAL CENTER in KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE
with DARTMOUTH HEALTH
**Nursing Leadership Experience Not Required
HARTZ Search has been retained by our newest client, Cheshire Medical Center, Dartmouth Health (formerly known as Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health) to conduct a nationwide search for its next Vice President, Perioperative & Interventional Services in Keene, New Hampshire. Cheshire Medical Center is a not-for-profit, 177-bed acute care facility located in Keene, NH, and part of the Dartmouth Health system. Cheshire Medical Center joined Dartmouth Health in 2015 and is the largest employer in Keene, New Hampshire. The Vice President for Perioperative and Interventional Services is responsible for the overall direction, operations, and management of the Cheshire Medical Center perioperative and interventional services. Reporting to the Cheshire Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President manages the operations of inpatient and outpatient perioperative and interventional services, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the D-HH Regional Vice President for Perioperative and Interventional Services.
This role will also provide administrative support for the anesthesia services, holding dyadic relationships with both the Chair of Anesthesia and the Medical Director for Perioperative and Interventional Services. Our client is seeking an operational leader to grow the Perioperative & Interventional Service lines for the medical center. The ideal leader will have strong experience in perioperative services and a demonstrated track record in service line growth, physician relations, creating efficiencies in the operating room, and the ability to develop leaders across the service line. The new VP, Perioperative & Interventional Services will need to establish credibility quickly as the OR will be growing from 5 to 8 ORs and an eye toward developing an Ambulatory Surgery Center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and participates in the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, service line performance and performance improvement programs, and annual operating budget, plans, goals, and objectives for Perioperative and Interventional Services
- Interprets, communicates, and assures the implementation of the organization’s mission, vision and values, and strategic objectives
- Leads development and maintenance of standards of operation including policies and procedures, standard work, and reporting standards
- Maintains current knowledge of the Perioperative and Interventional business environment, trends in healthcare, and standards of care
- Functions as the coordinator of all administrative operations and fiscal responsibilities
- Provides solutions, leadership, and administration of staff, etc., and assures the departments remain in compliance with applicable requirements established by internal and independent regulatory agencies
- Enhances quality through strong performance improvement programs
- Responsible for the operations of the following areas:
- OR Administration
- Block Schedule Development and OR scheduling
- Surgical Admissions
- Surgical Pre-Procedure Preparation
- Central Sterile Re-Processing
- Case-Cart assembly
- Inpatient and Outpatient Endoscopy Services
- Surgical clinic department operations
REPORTING & REQUIREMENTS:
- The VP, Perioperative & Interventional Services will report directly to the Cheshire Medical Center – Chief Operating Officer with a dotted line to the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center – Regional VP, Perioperative & Interventional Services leader. The new VP will have a dyad reporting relationship with Medical Directors of Anesthesia and Perioperative Services.
- Education: Master's degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree Required – Non-Nursing background is eligible for the role.
- Experience: Minimum of three to five years of relevant business or supervisory / management experience, preferably in a health care environment. Significant leadership ability is required.
- Previous healthcare finance background preferred. Knowledge of computerized information systems, graphing, and statistics.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical. Great communicator and developer of talent.
- Excellent networking and oral /written communication skills with the ability to relate and deal effectively with physicians, administrators, support staff, and the general public with tact and discretion.
LOCATION - KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE:
Keene, NH is one of the most unique and beautiful towns in New Hampshire, rich with history, gorgeous nature scenes, and classic New England architecture. Nestled in the Connecticut River valley, Keene offers an abundance of delicious restaurants, award-winning entertainment, engaging museums, and world-class art. A perfect location for those who love the outdoors has its pick of many trails, lakes, ponds, and mountains to explore.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!