VICE PRESIDENT, SITE ADMINISTRATOR – 2 HOSPITALS
Centra Health – Lynchburg, VA
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our newest client, CENTRA Health in Lynchburg, Virginia for a Vice President, Site Administrator for two of Centra’s largest hospitals in Lynchburg: Centra Lynchburg General Hospital (358-beds) & Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital (161-beds). Centra is a regional nonprofit healthcare system based in Lynchburg, Virginia. It was created in 1987 through the merger of the Lynchburg General (LGH) and Virginia Baptist (VBH) hospitals. Lynchburg General Hospital is a Top 50 Heart program, magnet designated facility. Virginia Baptist Hospital has an excellent reputation for Women’s & Children’s services, Behavioral Health and a leading Bariatrics program. With more than 8,500 employees, 400 employed providers and physicians and a medical staff of nearly 800, providing care in 70 locations, Centra serves over 500,000 people throughout central and southern Virginia. Centra provides medical services to patients across a geographic area roughly the size of the state of New Jersey, covering approximately 8,000 square miles, through many facilities and practices.
The Vice President and Site Administrator is the direct representative of the Board of Directors in the management of the hospitals and is responsible for day-to-day operations of the hospitals. This position is accountable for planning, organizing, and directing the hospital to ensure that quality patient care is provided, and that the financial integrity of the hospital is maintained. The VP & Site Administrator ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as all policies and procedures set by the Board of Directors and Centra's Executive Leadership. This position will model, promote, and ensure that Centra's Mission, Vision, and Values are evident and present in the provision of healthcare in the hospital. In addition, will have assigned responsibility, including but not limited to support services, ancillary services, and service lines. Position reports to system Chief Operating Officer. The Vice President, Site Administrator will be responsible for Operations, to include, but not limited to Ancillary & Support Services at both facilities.
The VP, Site Administrator will make significant advancements in the following areas:
- Departmental Strategic Planning & Performance
- Program Development
- Partnerships with Senior Executives in Centra to drive throughput, operational excellence and customer service
- Facilities Management, Construction and Renovations
- Budget Creation & Management
- Departmental HR Management
- Compliance & Policy Development
- System-wide thought leader
- Site Administrator for two flagship hospitals for Centra Health
- Reporting directly to the SVP and Chief Operating Officer for Centra Health
- 5 Direct Reports
- Competitive compensation, Annual Incentive Program, relocation offered
- Position requires minimum an Advanced Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Management, Nursing or other related education
- FACHE preferred
- Minimum 7 years management experience in Operations, Support Services, Ancillary services in large community hospital or system
- Strong finance background, budgeting skills, mentoring, team builder, talent seeker, exceptional physician relations and superior communication skills
- Use of data and analytics to support and excel decision making capabilities
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia:
Lynchburg, Virginia is located in the Central Virginia region at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is known as the "City of Seven Hills." Lynchburg is the home of Randolph College, Lynchburg College, Virginia University of Lynchburg and Liberty University, and is a center of cultural activities such as concerts, plays, lecture series and art shows.
Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest is in Lynchburg, the home of Anne Spencer - the Harlem Renaissance poet. Lynchburg offers state parks, shopping, cultural events, hiking, golf and a budding culinary scene. You are close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Roanoke, Richmond and Charlottesville, VA.
Interested and qualified candidates please apply to HARTZ Search:
Mike Hartz | President & CEO | https://www.linkedin.com/in/searchpartner
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.