VICE PRESIDENT, CHIEF PHYSICIAN QUALITY OFFICER
BROADLAWNS MEDICAL CENTER
DES MOINES, IOWA
HARTZ Search has been retained by our newest client, Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines, Iowa to conduct a nationwide search for their Vice President, Chief Physician Quality Officer. Broadlawns Medical Center is a 200-bed, public community Acute Care hospital with emergency services, inpatient & outpatient services, lab, radiology, behavioral health, specialty clinics, dentistry, and a 24/7 crisis team, partnered with a dedicated staff of over 1,200 employees and 100 physicians working together to provide high-quality healthcare that is coordinated, compassionate and cost-effective for the patients of Des Moines, Iowa, and surrounding communities. The Chief Physician Quality Officer leads the organization’s strategic initiatives for delivering consistent, high-value, coordinated care within a system built to produce results with high reliability and safety. The Chief Physician Quality Officer directs the development, communication, and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures to oversee, measure, and improve patient safety, clinical quality, and patient satisfaction.
The Chief Physician Quality Officer will lead the Medical Center’s efforts to align quality goals with clinical disparities in the community. The leader will partner with key stakeholders to improve access for all patients and further the organization’s journey into value-based care. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in developing strategies and care models around the needs of the patient population they serve. Our client is seeking an innovative and progressive leader that strives to deliver on the Broadlawns Strategic Goals:
- To serve our diverse multi-cultural community through a continuum of high-quality, creative, and cost-effective programs that promote wellness and treat illness.
- To partner with our employees and be the employer of choice for individuals who are likewise committed to our vision, mission, and values.
- To remain financially viable and demonstrate sound financial stewardship of all resources.
- To strengthen or enhance our community relationships and strategically position our healthcare providers to ensure accessible high-quality healthcare is available to the Central Iowa region.
- To evaluate new program development and technology applications to enhance the patient experience.
REPORTING & REQUIREMENTS:
- The Vice President, Chief Physician Quality Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Broadlawns Medical Center.
- 5 Direct Reports
- Education: MD/ DO degree
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice
- Knowledge and experience in Joint Commission readiness and on-site reviews
- Certification in quality such as CMQ or CPHQ or ability to obtain certification within 1 year of position
- Strong understanding of data analysis and performance metrics
- Proven track record in performance improvement
LOCATION: Des Moines, Iowa
Greater Des Moines is the fastest-growing metro in the Midwest. Des Moines has taken many steps in the last few decades to become a vibrant cultural mecca of the Midwest. Home to major employers and a significant political landscape, Des Moines is also infused with sculpture parks, botanical gardens, and a thriving shopping and dining scene. A walkable, friendly community that offers an affordable cost of living and excellent-rated schools helps to drive the significant growth in Des Moines.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY to HARTZ Search below:
Qualified candidates, please submit your current resume - applications will not be considered without a resume. Thank you!