Vice President & Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer
Roper St. Francis Healthcare
Charleston, South Carolina
HARTZ Search invites you to explore an exciting opportunity with our client, Roper St. Francis Health (RSFH), a Joint Venture between Bon Secours Mercy Health and The Medical Society of South Carolina, for proven professional as the Vice President & Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer.
RSFH is a 4-hospital integrated health system with over 671-licensed beds and $1B in net revenue and 5K employees. The Vice President & Chief Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer is responsible for working with our Boards, Leaders, Physicians, Teammates, Patients and the Community to provide leadership in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to:
- Support an organizational workforce and culture that is inclusive and respectful of the various backgrounds and cultures that are reflected in our patients and the communities we serve;
- Embrace and leverage different perspectives, talents, knowledge and experience to accomplish Roper St. Francis Healthcare’s (RSFH) goals and objectives;
- Support a unified strategy to advance the well-being of communities to improve health access, address the social and environmental determinants of health, advance health and healthcare equity; and
- Oversee the various community health programs within RSFH, including the Access Health Tricounty Network, Ryan White Wellness Center, Transitions Clinic, Senior Services, and Community Outreach, etc. to create coordinated and efficient care that meets the diverse needs of the community in accordance with the mission.
This role will serve as an advisor, bridge builder, strategic leader and partner, enabling leaders across the system to identify and execute initiatives to effect lasting organizational changes. This position requires a leader that is willing to engage the community and represent RSFH in key community initiatives.
This leader will position Roper St. Francis as a leader in diversity, inclusion & health equity as well as in providing culturally and linguistically competent care to decrease disparities in the process and outcomes of care. At the core of the leadership tasks is improving the teammate and patient experience, which includes concepts of quality, safety, and effective communication. It also concerns reducing health disparities and inequities in all aspects of organizational functions including such practices as promoting patient access, teammate recruitment, employment, engagement and satisfaction.
Required Candidate Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree - MBA, MPA, MHA, or other related degree required
- At least 5 years diversity and inclusion leadership/other community health related experience at a senior level
- Healthcare-related industry experience highly preferred
- Strategic vision and executive acumen
- Change management expertise
- Political savvy
- Persuasive communication abilities
- Effective relationship building across a variety of diversity dimensions
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data with focus on information conversion and prioritized planning and execution
- Expertise in cultural competence and diversity/inclusion strategies
- Excellent communication, presentation, coaching, training, facilitation, problem-solving, and conflict-management skills
- Ability to influence decision-making throughout the organization
- Comfort with matrix reporting and broad-based accountability
- Mature use of sound judgment and discretion
Location – Charleston, SC:
Charleston, the South Carolina port city founded in 1670, is defined by its cobblestone streets, horse-drawn carriages and pastel antebellum houses, particularly in the elegant French Quarter and Battery districts. The Battery promenade and Waterfront Park both overlook Charleston Harbor, while Fort Sumter, a federal stronghold where the first shots of the Civil War rang out, lies across the water. With rich history, outstanding access to healthcare, a culinary hotspot, shopping, multiple beaches, an international airport and excellent school system, make Charleston one of the most desirable locations to live in the US.
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Apply to HARTZ Search:
HARTZ Search is a retained, executive search firm conducting searches for our Healthcare and Academic clients across the US. Our focus is on Talent, Communication and Performance - We stand apart in our ability to find the best people, swiftly and consistently. Our goal is to connect our candidates with our clients that have a similar goal of improving the healthcare organizations and communities they serve.
We believe that strong and transparent communication creates an efficient and composed search and is an indispensable ingredient for success. Our pillars of service are accessibility and responsiveness - know that we can be reached in time of crisis, celebration or just to reconnect; we are 24/7 partners not just to our clients but to our candidate partners as well. We provide concierge level service throughout each executive and director level search we conduct.